Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Video editing software...what are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by SENTRY View Post
    I've said this many times - and people don't get it. I mean HD footage of people flying over flat fields is berzerk to me. "Yeah, I know what grass looks like, thanks." - LOL. Don't get me wrong, if you've got something worthwhile to fly over --- crank it up in HD. But the best videos to me are through the FPV cam - if youhappen to get a great shot during the flight in HD, roll to that cam for a few secs - then get back down to business.
    Well you fly where you can....if it happens to be flat and ugly....it is what it is. Im still pretty new to FPV so Im still experimenting with
    my setups which happens to include gopro. Plus right now the gopro is all I have for recording .

But it certainly is must faster to work with non HD footage.....need to get me another downlink cam .

Sorry so not with you there Sentry, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. There are people in the world that havent seen grass ever, never mind a field full of it. For you some field may not be appealing to the eye but to some a smooth slow cruise over them in HD might be great to see. Like above the clouds, there`s nothing there, just sky. But i find above the cloud footage peacefull and tranquil.

I think some get the wrong end of the stick when it comes to others video. Its not their for your entertainment. It was filmed by the pilot for his / hers. If its what they want to film, how they want to film it, so be it. Im just happy they shared the experiance

Anyway, back on topic : There was me saying how good Sony Vegas was and just half an hour later i tred to use it and bugger me it wont start up lol
    Last edited by Coyote; 6th April 2011 at 08:44 AM.

I use iMovie for editing. It's super simple and works great. I've made a couple of fpv-videos but nothing interesting enough to post yet. Hopefully I'll be able make one soon cause people don't believe me when I tell them I've put together a 6-rotor flight photography machine..

Engineer for Jesus Christ IBCrazy's Avatar
    I use Magix Movie Edit Pro. if I can get it working, anyone can. I am absolutely useless when it comes to computer stuff. 4 year olds can work computers better than I can.

-Alex
    If it is broken, fix it. if it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.

videoaerialsystems.com - Performance video piloting

Who I am^^ Stuff I Say>> Reverand Blue Chip's Avatar
    Avs4you... stupid simple.

http://www.avs4you.com/

Adobe Premier Pro CS4 but I'm about to change that up as it's a PIA to get GoPro video to come out right. I hear Vegas 9/10 is pretty good so I'll try those next.
    "1.3GHz 850mW video transmitter. Warm as hell. Drains power as thirsty camel." -Rastislavko

"At this point DL was an option, sat back and saw more feedback from buyers. Start getting good range results 12-15-17km 20-22-25km? From a $320 system??? Looks good, really good. Price drop to $269, end of story..." -Po73

Navigator
    I stick with iMovie,Final Cut Pro ,Motion 4...this package gives my almost everything i need...recording used in base ic my good MiniDV Canon 630i ...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_25LKzxUuKk
    Last edited by marcin.gala; 15th May 2011 at 04:55 PM.

No Artificial Sweeteners. kev.au's Avatar
    Last edited by kev.au; 31st May 2011 at 01:10 PM.

What are you guys using for 720p settings in Sony Vegas Pro? I've tried a few recommendations off the net and I'm not really happy with the quality.
    "1.3GHz 850mW video transmitter. Warm as hell. Drains power as thirsty camel." -Rastislavko

"At this point DL was an option, sat back and saw more feedback from buyers. Start getting good range results 12-15-17km 20-22-25km? From a $320 system??? Looks good, really good. Price drop to $269, end of story..." -Po73

Im lost
    Is there a tool that extracts parts of original HD video files and leaves data untouched. ( w/o going thru the rendering process in video editors ).

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast