Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Video editing software...what are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by pietronet View Post
    Thx, is youtbe sorting its customers, allowing the good one to have a better compression?

For instance some vids apparently shot with a gopro may look awesome but on an other one it is soooo crappy...

Cheers.
    One quirky thing I just noticed... If I shot a video at 480 (like with my dvr) and upload it as 480, it gets compressed down to what looks like 360... And when I shoot a video with the gopro at 720, if I upload at 720 it looses a lot of its focus and develops a lot of compression artifacts. (and I rendered with H.264 1280x720 29.97fps) but if I render the 720 raw video at 1080, then youtube doesn't ruin it quite as much.

The ironic thing here is that youtube is trying to compress videos as much as possible to reduce how much storage space is getting used... and I was trying to be nice, uploading at the lowest resolution possible (at the res recorded), but now they're plan has backfired... cause whether I'm uploading 480 dvr footage or 720 gopro footage, I'll be uploading at 1080p from now on!!
    "You can't take the sky from me"

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Monkey View Post
    One quirky thing I just noticed... If I shot a video at 480 (like with my dvr) and upload it as 480, it gets compressed down to what looks like 360... And when I shoot a video with the gopro at 720, if I upload at 720 it looses a lot of its focus and develops a lot of compression artifacts. (and I rendered with H.264 1280x720 29.97fps) but if I render the 720 raw video at 1080, then youtube doesn't ruin it quite as much.

The ironic thing here is that youtube is trying to compress videos as much as possible to reduce how much storage space is getting used... and I was trying to be nice, uploading at the lowest resolution possible (at the res recorded), but now they're plan has backfired... cause whether I'm uploading 480 dvr footage or 720 gopro footage, I'll be uploading at 1080p from now on!!
    There are some very specific renders settings YouTube requires for HD video. Raw GoPro is NOT compliant and as a result get converted/downcompressed/etc. If you use the specific settings YouTube looks for, minimal conversion takes place.

There are LOTS of tutorials in how to set up your Vegas Pro/Premiere/Etc.

https://support.google.com/youtube/b...t=1728585&rd=1
    Last edited by sl4ppy; 6th December 2012 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sl4ppy View Post
    There are some very specific renders settings YouTube requires for HD video. Raw GoPro is NOT compliant and as a result get converted/downcompressed/etc. If you use the specific settings YouTube looks for, minimal conversion takes place.

There are LOTS of tutorials in how to set up your Vegas Pro/Premiere/Etc.

https://support.google.com/youtube/b...t=1728585&rd=1
    Hmm... Interesting...
    "You can't take the sky from me"

The new Premier Essentials is so easy to use, I tried out the trial and ended up buying it, they have made it much easier over other versions in "idiot" mode.

farking spammers hope u have a horrible smelting incident, dont click the link.

Instructor Pilot
    I am using Premiere. And the simple reason is that I am kind of stuck in the Adobe world.. Premiere, Photoshop and After Effects work so well together. And knowing one makes it easier to learn the other. I have been using these for around 15 years now.

So my point is: Do not jump from editor to editor. Then you will never get anywhere. Stick to one and learn it well. All the big ones are more than potent enough for amateur usage.

Greetings Everybody!
    Hope you are all doing GREAT, Happy Holidays!

Ive been following this thread diligently because I LUV making vids and I think I am an editing addict, ~LoL!!~

I just posted my very 1st complex vid production about my FPV adventures into an unknown ravine with my TraXXas Summit w/GoPro and 1.3Ghz FPV system.
    The vid in itself was kinda boring.. so I spiced it up some – hope you guys like it!

I have Premiere and a previous version of what used to be ULead MediaStudio Pro.
    Ulead was taken over by Corel and I was given the opportunity to upgrade to Corel Video Studio Ultimate X5 for only a few $$.
    I have the complete Adobe product line, including Photoshop, plus a powerful Flash suite by SwishMax – Max 4 (with a far less learning curve and FAR LESS $$ than Flash from Macromedia or others).
    One of the most important factors for me in considering a product, in this case for editing, is the ability to import a wide variety of other formats – specially SWF and PSD - without hassles.
    That’s what this new Corel Suite does – it can import just about anything.. so when I make something in the flash suite I just import the final SWF right into my timeline.
    This Ultimate X5 editing suite also comes with tons of $$ in bonuses, like Boris FX, Merchanelli video stabilizing and endless FX, transitions, audio, etc etc..

IMHO, it was worth getting this new suite..
    I might not be an editing Guru, but I think I did ok..
    Your thoughts?

~ The probability of someone watching you is directly proportional to the stupidity of your actions ~

PS.

I’ve seen this mentioned here in various occasions.. the “Export”..
    Since I post almost all my vids to my Utube channel, I was looking for an editing suite that would not only import all formats – such as raw footage from my GoPro – but also be able to Export the final edit to a file that is both small in size, yet still HD/HQ.. AND compatible with Utube..
    Here’s what I discovered..
    I import into my library timeline raw GoPro footage, then add some stuff from my Sony 550HD camcorder (mpg and HD), then a few items directly from a DVD.. then some SWF.. a few PSD (png).. mixed mp4 and other audio formats.. and so on.. what a Salad of formats!
    I found that the best export for my Utube channel is the Export function to: Iphone/Ipad MP4 HD 1280 format..
    The whole salad is converted, results in a small file size, HD and Utube doesn’t choke on it..

What do you guys think?
    ~ The probability of someone watching you is directly proportional to the stupidity of your actions ~

windows movie maker keeps crashing, what else is there?

frustrated with computers the last week, re installed the OS, now windows movie maker crashes all the time, what else is there that is free or cheap, and works.

Thanks

How much do you want to pay?
    Quote Originally Posted by LexusFPV
    I'll trust David22, he seems to know what he's talking about....

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast