FPVLAB

Thread: TSLRS Binding and Taranis

Forum Member

Question TSLRS Binding and Taranis

Hello!

I recently changed from a DX8 to a Taranis XD9 Plus RC transmitter. I have a TSLRS V6 Pro and TSLRS Rx LR 6.00 and RX LR 7.01. (I really only care about the 7.01 right now.)

In the past, I was able to use my DX8 and TSLRS V6 to bind and operate both RXs, though I remember having trouble binding, and when I did get a bind, the Rx diversity lights never looked like those in the video. Once everything worked, I had a great time flying with them.

I have a few questions.

1. My understanding is that the same cable that connects the DX8 to the TSLRS should also work to connect the Taranis to the TSLRS (aka "mono" audio plug). Is this correct?

2. Assuming the answer to question one is yes, how do I get the TSLRS to bind either receiver when connected to the Taranis? I have followed the binding instructions listed on the website and in the video very carefully. There really isn't anything to screw up there. Is there some modification I need to make to the binding procedure? Are there certain Taranis radio settings that need to be correct? As of now, I have internal and extertal RF turned off and the trainer port set to master.

My cable is fine. I checked it with a voltmeter. The TSLRS and 7.01 receiver worked fine before I disconnected and started trying to get the Taranis to work. I now have the receivers out of their respective models not connected to anything except an ESC and battery. Taranis is running the latest stock firmware.

Any help is appreciated! I want to get back in the air!

Forum Member
    A friend of mine has his TLRS hooked to the module bay and that is how I have my LRS hooked up too. If you hook up to the module bay you need to go into the taranis menu and shut off the internal 2.4 and have it output ppm for the module bay. I would think there is a settiing in there for the trainer port for output of PPM too, but no one I know uses it for output to LRS. I have only seen it used for headtrackers. I know its not much help, but hooking up from the module bay is nicer since the radio can power your LRS ( I used to use a dx8 too).
    "You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve"
    Kid Rock

Forum Member

Exclamation Frustrating...

Quote Originally Posted by Beerwiser View Post
    A friend of mine has his TLRS hooked to the module bay and that is how I have my LRS hooked up too. If you hook up to the module bay you need to go into the taranis menu and shut off the internal 2.4 and have it output ppm for the module bay. I would think there is a settiing in there for the trainer port for output of PPM too, but no one I know uses it for output to LRS. I have only seen it used for headtrackers. I know its not much help, but hooking up from the module bay is nicer since the radio can power your LRS ( I used to use a dx8 too).
    Definitely worth checking out, and sounds like a better idea. TSLRS used to have a wiring diagram on their web site that I used to make connectors for my DX8, but it's gone. Can't find it cached anywhere, either. Can you reference a thread or anything that might show me how to make the appropriate connector to go from the Taranis JR module bay to the TSLRS? Which wires go where?

Thanks again in advance!

Forum Member
    Google jr module pinout. If I remember right top pin is ppm then skip one vcc and ground. Google 9x and TRS too, all have the same pinout. Hopefuly that gets you flying
    Kid Rock

Forum Member
    Google jr module pinout. If I remember right top pin is ppm then skip one vcc and ground. Google 9x and TRS too, all have the same pinout. Hopefuly that gets you flying
    I made a nice connector for the JR module pins on my Taranis. Do I want to connect to the JR's +6V or +BATT pin? Easy enough to switch.

Thanks!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	25-module-pinouts-jpg_1418148365.jpg 
Views:	363 
Size:	49.2 KB 
ID:	71825

Forum Member
    I use bat pin, it gives straight battery voltage. I believe your TLRS can handle 3s if you power your taranis with it. That is how I have had my DL and now dtf hooked up to my taranis. On a side note, I am not sure how long the stock nicad will last if you are still using it. Something to watch for.
    Kid Rock

Forum Member

Cool

I use bat pin, it gives straight battery voltage. I believe your TLRS can handle 3s if you power your taranis with it. That is how I have had my DL and now dtf hooked up to my taranis. On a side note, I am not sure how long the stock nicad will last if you are still using it. Something to watch for.
    On it! Thanks!