Thread: Vector AHI lazy, wandering or lagging behind?

Vector AHI lazy, wandering or lagging behind?

I seem to have gotten the 'noob' bug....

For some reason I cant get the AHI on 2 different Vector's to stay level... when I bank it starts flat and level with the horizon as I've set it using the inflight 'set level' and 'incorporate trims' commands. It'll cruise alongh no worries staying level with the horizon. I get into the bank and the AHI sort of seems to lag behind and gets outs of level then when I level the aircraft the AHI is still in a slight bank and slowly comes back to level. I looked back over some previous DVR footage and it certainly didnt used to do that.

I'm wondering has anyone had this occur and found out what particular steps resolve this 'lazy' AHI that I am describing?

Quote Originally Posted by SKT View Post

For some reason I cant get the AHI on 2 different Vector's to stay level... when I bank it starts flat and level with the horizon as I've set it using the inflight 'set level' and 'incorporate trims' commands. It'll cruise alongh no worries staying level with the horizon. I get into the bank and the AHI sort of seems to lag behind and gets outs of level then when I level the aircraft the AHI is still in a slight bank and slowly comes back to level. I looked back over some previous DVR footage and it certainly didnt used to do that.

I'm wondering has anyone had this occur and found out what particular steps resolve this 'lazy' AHI that I am describing?
    Have you tried RE-ZEROING your Gyros ?

Quote Originally Posted by ZACATTACK View Post
    Have you tried RE-ZEROING your Gyros ?
    I have.

I read through the Vector manual last night and found that for optimal level settings its best to trim the plane out, set level if you choose to then...land the plane and re-do the Rx Analysis Wizard.

Previously I've just trimmed out and Incorporated Trims in the air then leveled the aircraft and that seems to have worked for me.

But I'll give the above a go and see how that turns out.

I have.

I read through the Vector manual last night and found that for optimal level settings its best to trim the plane out, set level if you choose to then...land the plane and re-do the Rx Analysis Wizard.

Previously I've just trimmed out and Incorporated Trims in the air then leveled the aircraft and that seems to have worked for me.

But I'll give the above a go and see how that turns out.
    Good Luck !! Should work fine.

After a few more flights and watching some youtube vidz I think I've got the AHI as good as it'll get. It still seems a bit lazy but does the job. I think back to my early experiences with the Vector and it was such an amazing piece of kit it could do no wrong. I re-zero'd, re-run the wizard and all sorts of stuff and this airframe is flying pretty well. I'll see how it goes over the weekend and maybe pop up some DVR footage if I see the 'lazy' in it again.

After a few more flights and watching some youtube vidz I think I've got the AHI as good as it'll get. It still seems a bit lazy but does the job. I think back to my early experiences with the Vector and it was such an amazing piece of kit it could do no wrong. I re-zero'd, re-run the wizard and all sorts of stuff and this airframe is flying pretty well. I'll see how it goes over the weekend and maybe pop up some DVR footage if I see the 'lazy' in it again.
    Hi SKT ! Your flying planes and I multicopters BUT I think the procedure I used works for both. My AHI was lazy as well and my copter was drifting to port at center stick !! I put the model on a flat level surface and did Record Flat Level after that finished calibrating I THEN I Re-Zeroed Gyros. When I went out and tested the model, all the drift was gone and the AHI was steady ! Did you try this procedure?

EDIT: I know in the previous post you stated that you re-zeroed gyros BUT did you try to record flat level as I mentioned in the above calibration procedure SKT ? Maybe you tried this and still no-joy ? Wishing you luck SKT, sometimes this hobby brings frustration Eh ? Cheers !
    Last edited by ZACATTACK; 3rd May 2016 at 02:31 PM.

Any update on this SKT? I'm having the same issue.

The AHI would be spot on, but when I put in a few rolls/climbs the AHI will lagg behind of be totally off.

I'll try all the above as Zac mentioned.

Navigator
    Hello,

We will need to see a log file and video recording showing the issue. Please open a support ticket on our website and we will take a look.

Regards, John

I know this is an old post, but this is my exact issue. I will try as Zac has proposed and re-zero the gyros and try again. This is happening on a few planes. It never used to do this on older planes years ago when I first started using vector - it was super solid and locked on. I have 6 of them and have had these issues over the last 2 years or so. I really hope this is all it is - being back to that locked in, super accurate and trustworthy piece of gear is where I need it to be. I'll report back once I have a chance to test it out. Thanks!

Scott