FPVLAB

Thread: Uhf Tx Protection

Uhf Tx Protection

I picked up a foam filled case for my radio, antennas and goggles etc. I have to remove the antenna from my uhf transmitter to fit it in and whenever I see one of my transmitters w/o an antenna I get jumpy. I have some rubber ducky 2.4 antennas laying around that I can connect to the tx and it fits in the case but I wasn't sure the load would be the same. I have the wiring between the radio and tx hot glued to keep things tight so I don't want to unplug those connections. Thanks in advance.

Navigator
    I'm in the same boat. I'm thinking a 50ohm dummy plug might be the way to go, but I need to research it more

Sky Pirate & FPV Outlaw SecretSpy711's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tronski View Post
    I'm in the same boat. I'm thinking a 50ohm dummy plug might be the way to go, but I need to research it more
    That's the way to go, everyone should keep one around for things like this or testing. They're a dime a dozen on eBay.
    youtube.com/secretspy711
    COFPV.com

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by SecretSpy711 View Post
    That's the way to go, everyone should keep one around for things like this or testing. They're a dime a dozen on eBay.
    Great idea to use a dummy load.

Navigator
    I know its a bit of a hassle, but another thing that you could do, is remove the battery from the transmitter.
    I know a lot of people will not do it, but at least, it will remind you to install the antenna before plugging the battery.
    You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else. - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Infiltrator View Post
    I know its a bit of a hassle, but another thing that you could do, is remove the battery from the transmitter.
    I know a lot of people will not do it, but at least, it will remind you to install the antenna before plugging the battery.
    It does make sense but I have the lipo stuffed in my taranis pretty tight and the balance plug connection is pretty stressed in there so I just take it out for charging.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post
    It does make sense but I have the lipo stuffed in my taranis pretty tight and the balance plug connection is pretty stressed in there so I just take it out for charging.
    Well in that case, a dummy plug would work just fine for you.
    You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else. - Albert Einstein