FPVLAB

Thread: Mobius internal microphone for real time audio

Mobius internal microphone for real time audio

Here is my thought. When I'm driving my Summit FPV and get around people they talk to the truck as if I can hear them. Usually nice, funny, or helpful type conversation. I don't know they are saying things until I get back and upload the HD video with sound from the Mobius.

The internal mic on the Mobius picks up sound very clearly. So I was wondering if it would be clear if I sent it back thru the Vtx audio line. I'm going to make the wiring modifications I need tonight. But was wondering if anyone else had tried this and how clear the audio was real time.

I don't use the Mobius as my primary FPV camera but I can switch to it to see that perspective.
    I have 3 cameras actually, front facing with 180 degree pan, rear facing, and the Mobius on top.
    I then have a 3 way camera switch.

I will take the audio out from the Mobius and wire straight to audio in on the Vtx. So if it works I'll have audio constantly no matter which camera I select.

Would like to hear from anyone who has tried this or similar and if it is audible.

Co-Pilot
    You'll have to do some reverse engineering to find a spot (if there is one) where there's sufficient audio level to feed in to the VTX.

Why not just use a VTX that has an inbuilt mic -- there are plenty of them.

Thanks Xjet,

Yeah I have been looking at those. HobbyWireless has a 1 watt Vtx with built in mic.
    Problem is because it is a ground pounder and I'm mostly running in dense trails I need all the Vtx I can get paired with directional antennas on the ground station.

Not sure im clear on what you mean by "sufficient audio level". Could you explain a little.
    Last edited by Beachflyer; 4th April 2016 at 08:06 PM.

Okay, the Mobius audio connection did not work. Just got a low humming buzzing sound.
    Can I just connect an external mic to the Vtx audio in jack? Seems the mic would have to be powered. Thinking out loud.
    Research time!

All you should need is an LM386 opamp and a couple caps/resistors... there is probably even a simple opamp board out there for arduino/adafruit/etc...