FPVLAB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RunCam Swift

RunCam Swift

A new camera from RunCam, it appears to be based on the PZ0240M (some would call it HS1177). It has some interesting mounting options.

Co-Pilot
    Unfortunately, the mounting hardware is the least impressive part of the camera. Good ideas, just poorly implemented.

I already posted a side-by side "on the bench" comparison of the HS1177 and Runcam Swift -- and am just about to load a side-by-side flight-video comparison of the the two cameras with factory settings and WDR off/on.

The Swift's performance is pretty much identical to the HS1177 and other Sony SuperHAD II cameras with WDR but I've yet to test the OSD compatibility or do a teardown (that's coming though).

One of the great things about the Swift is the separate OSD connector

For those who might be wondering about "optimum" settings to begin, here are some suggestions

The "accessories" for this camera should, in my opinion be sold separately, I too would like to get my hands on some more of the silicone wire used for this camera, and perhaps some of the mounts as well.

An overcast morning this morning, but the camera took this in it's stride as I would expect any PZ0240 camera to do on the settings I have used. There is some interference in evidence but that is the ESC (I think) not this camera as the Fatshar 420tvl does the same.

I like the size of the camera, and I like the camera mount as well, some would say it is not crash proof, but then what is. You can see from the ground camera (Boscam HD08A) that it was quite a dim overcast morning, but that was not a problem.

Navigator
    So far I've been liking the reviews on this camera a lot, except for the mounting hardware. I will be placing an order for one soon.

Thanks Xjet for the review you did on the camera and Heppy Ket for providing suggestions on how to improve the image quality.
    You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else. - Albert Einstein

Well, it depends on what you are going to do with it, the mount for fixed wing, in my opinion is fine, no worse than others I have seen, I can't comment on the stuff for multirotors. I guess it's a matter of taste.

Navigator
    I will be mainly using it on my airplane for flying FPV. For the mini-quad, I will be purchasing a 650 TVL from Luminaire, they sell some really good cameras..
    You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else. - Albert Einstein

Navigator
    I just waited 5 weeks to get my RunCam2 and Swift cameras.

My Swift came with one screw missing on the back.

Needless to say I'm completely unimpressed (being generous) and wondering what else is cocked-up at this point as it's apparent there is zero QC at this operation.

Some Swift footage compared to HD and, new settings (from 10:30)

Grabbed one of the Swifts and pretty pleased with the video compared to other similar cameras, focus was good from the box.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    similis vobis fugere eam furatus!

• Edith Sitwell "I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast