Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: There has to be something better for FPV DVR!

Navigator
    I like the DVR built into the Mobius myself and it sends back the NTSC for the goggles as well. Don't understand the 2 different camera builds that a lot of people do.

Quote Originally Posted by JonHogan View Post
    I like the DVR built into the Mobius myself and it sends back the NTSC for the goggles as well. Don't understand the 2 different camera builds that a lot of people do.
    Mobius has a low dynamic range meaning if you fly into the sun, everything else turns black. Additionally, the mobius is very laggy, and unless you power it, it will run out of battery in flight. Flight cams are more durable than a mobius, and CCD cameras don't get jello.

Quote Originally Posted by Wearyman View Post
    RMRC has a really nice DVR with a built in 5.8 ghz receiver. I bought one a while back and for SD recording it works great!

https://www.readymaderc.com/store/in...oducts_id=3895

It isn't cheap, but well, you get what you pay for.
    I have been considering that one. I have had the RMRC version of the Japan DVR for years now but my big issue with it is that it likes to take a giant poop all over 1258mhz where it causes all kinds of interference. It took me a long time to figure out that was what was causing my issues.

I've tried to find out if the RMRC Pro-1200 DVR does anything similar but I can't get a straight answer out of people on RCG...
    There's no place I can't be / Since I found FPV / But you can't take the sky from me

Quote Originally Posted by smoothvirus View Post
    I have been considering that one. I have had the RMRC version of the Japan DVR for years now but my big issue with it is that it likes to take a giant poop all over 1258mhz where it causes all kinds of interference. It took me a long time to figure out that was what was causing my issues.

I've tried to find out if the RMRC Pro-1200 DVR does anything similar but I can't get a straight answer out of people on RCG...
    A friend of mine got the Pro-1200 DVR so we tested it out. It does not put out any interference on 1258mhz that we could see.

But, I think the recordings on the Japan DVR are much brighter and crisper. The recordings off of the Pro-1200 look muddy compared to the ones off of the Japan DVR.
    There's no place I can't be / Since I found FPV / But you can't take the sky from me

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123