Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Crossfire + Pixhawk

Navigator

Crossfire + Pixhawk

Sweet, thanks for your willingness!! I will try to get the info for you that you need. Iím not sure what code wrapper is or how to post it .

- another thing, I tried to connect to the mobile QGroundControl app on my phone. I was able to connect to the crossfire via Bluetooth but it doesnít find the vehicle in qgc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Topgun; 15th January 2018 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Topgun View Post
    Sweet, thanks for your willingness!! I will try to get the info for you that you need. I’m not sure what code wrapper is or how to post it .

- another thing, I tried to connect to the mobile QGroundControl app on my phone. I was able to connect to the crossfire via Bluetooth but it doesn’t find the vehicle in qgc.

From memory there are a few pad apps that are for mavlink. Tower is another one.

Crossfire only used to work with one of these apps and not the other. Now i cant remember which one it works with.

Now the important thing is the bluetooth is pretty low powered. Like really low powered. A few meters and you will lose the connection. This is not really a tbs fault as i believe it is due to two things. One being the amperage draw of the taranis slot and the other probably the massive data stream. My solution for this was to use mission planner on a micro PC now no longer made. But the theroy was the same.

Here is a picture of it https://www.youmagine.com/designs/zy...-for-crossfire

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot-2018-1-16 Zypher Taranis mount remix by Nightram (for TBS Crossfire).png 
Views:	73 
Size:	495.9 KB 
ID:	78039

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Nightram; 16th January 2018 at 06:21 AM.

Navigator

Crossfire + Pixhawk

Thatís sweet. Iíll have to go that route. From what Iím hearing from another forum, px4 pro is not compatible with the pixhawk2.1. Any thoughts on that? I may have to try to flash to a different firmware. Do they make an app that works with an iOS device?

Last edited by Topgun; 16th January 2018 at 02:29 PM.

That’s sweet. I’ll have to go that route. From what I’m hearing from another forum, px4 pro is not compatible with the pixhawk2.1. Any thoughts on that? I may have to try to flash to a different firmware. Do they make an app that works with an iOS device?

There are only 3 flavours of pixhawk as such.
    - Pixhawk series 1 (pixhawk, pixhack, pixhawk pro and any other derivative)
    - Pixhawk series 2 found exclusively on the 3DR Solo
    - Pixhawk 2.1 which is closed code developed by ex 3dr employees and independent thinktank.

There is no Pixhawk 3 "pro" as such, it is misleading as it is just a pixhawk (series 1) with a different sensor or two. Well, sort of anyway. The catch is that after the Pixhawk 2.1 was developed, CUAV made a Pixhack v3 that can run on the Pixhawk 2.1 code.

Shortest story, run the Ardupilot fork and you will not have an issue. PX4 is closed source and relies on the developer of the specific board. If they "clone" from something else you should pray before every flight.

That’s sweet. I’ll have to go that route. From what I’m hearing from another forum, px4 pro is not compatible with the pixhawk2.1. Any thoughts on that? I may have to try to flash to a different firmware. Do they make an app that works with an iOS device?

There are only 3 flavours of pixhawk as such.
    - Pixhawk series 1 (pixhawk, pixhack, pixhawk pro and any other derivative)
    - Pixhawk series 2 found exclusively on the 3DR Solo
    - Pixhawk 2.1 which is closed code developed by ex 3dr employees and independent thinktank.

There is no Pixhawk 3 "pro" as such, it is misleading as it is just a pixhawk (series 1) with a different sensor or two. Well, sort of anyway. The catch is that after the Pixhawk 2.1 was developed, CUAV made a Pixhack v3 that can run on the Pixhawk 2.1 code.

Shortest story, run the Ardupilot fork and you will not have an issue. The latest version supports the Drontek board https://discuss.ardupilot.org/t/plan...released/19787
    Last edited by Nightram; 16th January 2018 at 06:32 PM.

Navigator
    Thatís what I did (I think). I reflashed it through mission planner to the latest ardupilot. I then went through the parameter tree and made the adjustments that tbs says to do in their manual. As I went through the calibrations, I got to the rc part and found that none of the channels were right.

Thatís what I did (I think). I reflashed it through mission planner to the latest ardupilot. I then went through the parameter tree and made the adjustments that tbs says to do in their manual. As I went through the calibrations, I got to the rc part and found that none of the channels were right.

Ppm or pwm input? This could be the reason.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Quad newbie
    It will be mavlink based RC which is how the crossfire talks to the pixhawk.
    For RC channels you might need to adjust those on your radio for a Taranis you can change it to aetr, basically assign the channels on the radio to match what the Pixhawk needs if it needs channel.
    Arduplane by default appears to need:
    1 = Aileron.
    2 = Elevator.
    3 = Throttle.
    4 = Rudder.
    see http://ardupilot.org/plane/docs/comm...ick-start.html
    W7STE

Navigator
    I am using a spektrum radio but I did get the channels remapped and now they work in mission planner. Still no esc arming, I can move the servos but not the motor. Iím assuming I have a calibration error somewhere. Another note, I need to have an elevon setup for this wing but mission planner will not let me select it in the radio calibration page and when I change it in the radio the servos are not even close to the correct movements.

I am using a spektrum radio but I did get the channels remapped and now they work in mission planner. Still no esc arming, I can move the servos but not the motor. I’m assuming I have a calibration error somewhere. Another note, I need to have an elevon setup for this wing but mission planner will not let me select it in the radio calibration page and when I change it in the radio the servos are not even close to the correct movements.

To arm the ESC push the arm switch during startup when the esc beeps a few times.

Personaly I remove the arm switch with the toggle BRD_SAFETYENABLE = 0 to disable the switch and use rudder arming.