Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 RACING TRANSMITTER 3.3 GHz

FPV-The RC modeler dream! HobbyWireless's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jindalee10368 View Post
    Appreciate the update.

A double edged sword!
    It's great that the product is being refined before going to market, unlike a lot of the junk on the R/C market... but the wait is a killer.

Receiver selectivity is the single biggest problem with the regular crappy 5.8G ISM band a/v receiver modules found in almost everything.
    I'm hoping your receiver's front-end performs better, and actually allows for adjacent channel use.
    We don't want users to pay for a beta product...it's taking longer than we would like to, but we don't want to sell garbage.
    There are a lot to take in consideration when comes down to mass production, and Q.C. is a very important factor to pay big attention to. For this reason we are having it made in Taiwan and not in China.
    Thanks for bearing with us guys!
    Last edited by HobbyWireless; 11th May 2016 at 07:06 PM.
    FPV is not just our hobby, it's our passion!

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbyWireless View Post

If everything goes as we're expecting we will have the 3.3GHz 200mW system ready for this Summer or sooner..
    It's now winter down under, so it must be summer there!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 on the Telstra 4G network.

Everything is going well at this time so far.
    We will not specify any date when it will be ready this time to avoid frustrating anyone's expectations.
    If nothing goes wrong, we should have it available soon.
    Stay tuned.

Navigator
    Is it possible to standize the vtx pins to match the Fatshark pins as this is the biggist frustration for a user who has built aircraft etc not being able to easily swap between different vtx units.

If someone made a really awesome and seperate vtxs that where 5.8 - 2.4 plus 1.3 and this new band with the same pins and that could be the new XH lockable plug I would be purchasing only that brand.

It could also cover race band and auto band scan and wand setup... for race meetings.

My 2 cents worth..

M

Standard fittings, good idea! Good luck to it ever happening!

Each to it's own I suppose... Personally I'd like without any pins as it would save me the hassle of desoldering them, or just a bare Vtx module without even SMA
    If you're a noob, copy 1:1 what somebody already flies without too much questions, you'll find the answers later.
    PatrikE: I don't see anything wrong in your dump...
    Derrick:
    you are flying it LOS... You are doing it wrong.

Sky Pirate & FPV Outlaw SecretSpy711's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcrock View Post
    Is it possible to standize the vtx pins to match the Fatshark pins as this is the biggist frustration for a user who has built aircraft etc not being able to easily swap between different vtx units.

If someone made a really awesome and seperate vtxs that where 5.8 - 2.4 plus 1.3 and this new band with the same pins and that could be the new XH lockable plug I would be purchasing only that brand.

It could also cover race band and auto band scan and wand setup... for race meetings.

My 2 cents worth..

M
    That would be nice, but not likely to happen. Every company will say, "why doesn't everyone else change to what we are using?" Convention would have ground at the edge of the board, but the plug-and-play board has positive at the edge. On top of that, some vtx's have stereo audio, others have mono, and unused pins on a connector don't look good on a commercial product. Just have to pay attention to what wires are going where.

I've done this on a few of my 1.3 transmitters to match the FatShark/Immersion pinout for easy swapping with Fatshark/Immersion gear. This only works if you don't need the 5V out and have a stable 12v source, but there's no reason you couldn't do the same thing for the HW 3.3GHz transmitter.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160509_080825.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	161.7 KB 
ID:	73146
    youtube.com/secretspy711
    COFPV.com

We appreciate, welcome and take notes of all suggestions, to make sure we do what works best for the majority.
    During the design process we discussed about the pin-out, and since it has not been standardized yet, we asked some of our customers what would work best for them. For our surprise most of them said that pin-out is not a issue because they all use different cameras for racing, and do their own wiring...
    Even if the pin-out uses standard servo extension configuration (ground, positive and signal), it would not be a heart breaking, and a simple adapter can reverse the wires to match Fatshark pin-out.
    We are more focused on getting everything simple and performing well getting the best out of the 3.3 band.
    We were able to reduce the size by at least 20% in comparison to the previous version, and that was a very important feature we were aiming for.
    We will have some small batch ready soon.
    Last edited by HobbyWireless; 13th June 2016 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HobbyWireless View Post
    we were able to reduce the size by at least 20%
    Thumbs up for that! From the pic it was looking a bit big'ish for a miniquad.
    If it's possible, can we get another teaser pic of new size Vtx? PLZ?
    If you're a noob, copy 1:1 what somebody already flies without too much questions, you'll find the answers later.
    PatrikE: I don't see anything wrong in your dump...
    Derrick:
    you are flying it LOS... You are doing it wrong.

Navigator
    @ Hobby Wireless, quick question for ya that hope you can help with...

Can I power my Ironhorse 1w VTx via the camera in servo cable on 3S like below pic? Trying to clean up the rats nest of wires and connections, this would help greatly if so.