Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Not even trying now

Forum Member
    Drone, Drone! Better get the AF to fire back up Operation Bluebook.

Oh wait that was all swamp-gas....maybe with the global warming swampgas is making a return!

"Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills"- Author unknown

KF7TRX

Forum Member
    Looks like a DJI Phantom Menace to me!

Forum Member
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1458714789404.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	138.6 KB 
ID:	71312

Forum Member
    I'm optimistic that the federal government will make all the wrong decisions for all the wrong reasons and we will end up with a mostly unenforceable set of regulations whose sole result with be the loss of many small businesses who had found a niche in a brand new field. Finally resulting in a few thousand more people on unemployment or other forms of government assistance.

And still, no one will have been killed by a civilian drone.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billyd View Post
    I'm optimistic that the federal government will make all the wrong decisions for all the wrong reasons and we will end up with a mostly unenforceable set of regulations whose sole result with be the loss of many small businesses who had found a niche in a brand new field. Finally resulting in a few thousand more people on unemployment or other forms of government assistance.
    While I wouldn't be optimistic about it, I believe you have it correct.

Wayne
    Everybody loves a bunny.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Channel 1 View Post
    While I wouldn't be optimistic about it, I believe you have it correct.

Wayne

Sarcasm is always difficult to convey on an internet posting.

Forum Member

And still, no one will have been killed by a civilian drone.
    Learned helplessness is a terrible thing.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CongoSavanne View Post
    Learned helplessness is a terrible thing.
    They've got bigger and better weapons and can print money. We've got a couple of centuries old documents that are the punchline of most of the jokes told in Washington DC

Forum Member
    They've got bigger and better weapons and can print money. We've got a couple of centuries old documents that are the punchline of most of the jokes told in Washington DC
    Perhaps if you got involved at a certain level (or any level) you might feel differently, they work for us (or the highest bidder if you let them), and it is as simple as getting enough people to participate so that you are not ignored.
    The downside to that simplicity is it involves people trying, making an effort, and most people suffer from learned helplessness or just plain laziness, so they do nothing, they just "take it" (albeit with a healthy dose of whining)

Honestly how hard would it be for you to contact your rep? To talk to some of the people involved?

I once had a friend who was very powerful in politics, he was a cool old guy (dead now) and we used to talk about various things. (though rarely politics)
    I asked him once do those people in there work for us? His statement was basically this "Well what are you doing? Are you involved?".

And I wasn't at the time, so if someone comes up and takes your shoes and you do nothing, don't complain about cold feet.

Forum Member
    I vote in every election and I have written my representatives on many occasions. The problem is there are 340 million other people in this country and close to half of them are cheering on for a bigger government and less freedoms.

So at this point, unless you mean forming a militia and changing things by force, I have no idea why you or anyone else would be optimistic about retaining any freedom. Much less the right to fly a toy aircraft. Every day new laws are written, and they never retire any. Ask a mathematician what the ramifications of that are over time.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast