www.immersionrc.com

Thread: "Failed to communicate with Vortext Need at least Vortex fw v1.0.0.6"

Navigator

"Failed to communicate with Vortext Need at least Vortex fw v1.0.0.6"

I've just received the Vortex 285 w/race motors, I have a Spektrum AR7700 ppm receiver bound. The problem I'm having is the OSD is giving me double images. So I thought simple I will just upgrade the FW. I have both an older Duo receiver and a pair of FatShark HD's running on channel 1, in my attempts to update the FW I received the following: "Failed to communicate with Vortext Need at least Vortex fw v1.0.0.6" after I downloaded the latest IRC update Tool 1.42.4. In reading the prior posts I noticed this was supposed to be fixed in the previous versions. How can I fix both problems the OSD double image and "Failed to communicate with Vortext Need at least Vortex fw v1.0.0.6" error message?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Paul

Navigator
    Paul, did you ever get this resolved? I'm having the same issue trying to upgrade the fw.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean View Post
    Paul, did you ever get this resolved? I'm having the same issue trying to upgrade the fw.
    Dean,

Yes, I was able to get the Fusion board (OSD/Naze32) fw upgraded, after a lot of digging around for the correct steps in the right order. This is not difficult once you have all the pieces gathered.

You need the CLEANFLIGHT Chrome browser plugin, and drivers for the USB connection (found these at Immersion RC). There is a button on the front left side of the Fusion board that you push to get into the mode that allows you to flash the firmware. Be very, very carefull with the USB cable, you do not want to break off the flimsy socket on the Power Distribution board! My micro usb socket broke off. I ordered a new power distribution board. Remember to set your "End Points" for your Throttle. See Youtube for help.

You can PM me if you still need help.

Paul