FPVLAB

View Poll Results: Best date for June COFPV meet?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 June COFPV Summer Meetup

Quote Originally Posted by Rfriedman View Post
    Ok. So soon enough derrick and joshua will see this thread and let us know if they are planning on coming/can organise porta potty/ potluck. I'll give it a week or so.
    Might be tough this year, I think Derrick ended up paying out of pocket for the john last year. We need to make potty donations more strict this year if so.

Navigator
    That would be a shame. I think it was one of the hilights of the event. Not to mention being environmentally friendly.
    Mentioning of which, I read a post from somebody who went up there flying. He mentioned all the broken propellers laying around.
    It's a sorry thing to mention that one needs to police up his space, donate for the porta-potti.
    We're all about having fun, everybody is welcome, but everybody needs to chip in. Help leave the place BETTER than we found it.
    Please!

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin J View Post
    Might be tough this year, I think Derrick ended up paying out of pocket for the john last year. We need to make potty donations more strict this year if so.
    I paid for it in full, and then the donations that came in helped reimburse what I paid... all said and done my contribution to the fund was like $80, which at the end of the day wasn't bad considering I didn't have to carry a shovel to the woods.

I think that someone a little more local should take up the cause this year... I think that it was a great addition to the meet.
    When nothing else out there will suit your needs... design and build it yourself.

Derrick....I would be more than happy to chip in more money to help cover your loss. I know how it is as I have rented them for flyins here and always come out behind considering I live here and have my own shitter....LOL. But seriously I will gladly forward some more coin your way.
    Brett Hays
    JosephOregon.com
    flitetest.com/articles/fpv-full-scale-cockpit-ground-station-w-42-tv

I would be willing to set up the Porta-Potty- IF we have a good number of folks who are coming and pay up front. I don't need it because I have an RV, but am more than happy to get it set up. We should also start to nail down the date- it looks like June 17-19 is getting the popular vote (which is real good for me, I can't possibly make June 24-26th. I'm really wondering if this year is going to be as popular as prior years.

Ok. The date is set June 17-19.

I have emailed VAS, RMRC, GetFPV, Ritewing asking them to attend or donate for prizes/lottery for the meet. No responses yet (after 2 days).
    I'm planning on asking some more vendors too.

I think we need to at least get 1 main sponsor for sure. Having the vendors out seems to make the contests way more popular. Like who doesn't want to go fly with IBcrazy??
    If anyone has a decent relationship with some big names out there, please invite them. It makes the contests really fun, and brings more people in.

With more sponsors, I think the meet will be pretty popular, and will warrant the need for a potty. We will have to see what happens I guess.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by HFMan View Post
    I would be willing to set up the Porta-Potty- IF we have a good number of folks who are coming and pay up front. I don't need it because I have an RV, but am more than happy to get it set up. We should also start to nail down the date- it looks like June 17-19 is getting the popular vote (which is real good for me, I can't possibly make June 24-26th. I'm really wondering if this year is going to be as popular as prior years.

I'll pay 50% up front with you to make sure that we get one for the event.

Mark

Sky Pirate & FPV Outlaw SecretSpy711's Avatar
    At this point I have no idea if I'm going this year or not. It's pretty close to Shandel's due-date which is June 30.
    youtube.com/secretspy711
    COFPV.com

I always leave Hartsel with a box of broken props, seems like a no brainer to pick them up. It's hard to find them after every crash, but we should do our best.

Well that was poor planning Brian! Would suck to miss you but I guess that's a decent excuse.

Navigator
    Got to agree there! You don't want to piss her off. Even if she says go, she really needs you beside her. Women get so emotional about this kind of thing. Get the brownie point where you can, bud!

I'm all about the porta-potti!

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast