FPVLAB

View Poll Results: Best date for June COFPV meet?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 June COFPV Summer Meetup

2016 June COFPV Summer Meetup

COFPV 6th annual FPV meetup, June 17-19! Get stoked for some wing racing, quad racing, long range, and the usual COFPV shenanigans you come to expect. All people are welcome to fly; anything from rovers to quads to planes.

This meetup has been hugely popular in the past with companies such as RMRC and Video Aerial Systems (IBcrazy) in attendance.

Past meet threads:
    2014 June: http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread.....-June-6th-8th
    2014 August: http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....gust-22nd-24th
    2015 June: http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....20-21-FPV-Meet

38.919863, -105.762054

Accessible by most vehicles, although 4 wheel drive is recommended if very muddy. Prelator has made it in his Accord. The location has is in the middle of the Rocky Mountains of Colorado. The surrounding area is mostly grassy planes with some small forested hills and dirt roads to follow. Perfect for both mini quads as well as long range planes. Weather in the summer is typically 50 to 80 farenheit, although it can get below freezing at night.

Date: June 17th-19th.

Potluck Dinner: TBD
    , probably Saturday night
    - donations will be decided when the number of people attending is known.

Rules:
    COFPV is a very relaxed community. Respect others, be friendly, don't be dangerous. Although we are out in the middle of nowhere, it is a time to meet other fliers and fly, not show off. There is no fee for the meet, and everybody has to share flight time and frequencies according to this guide linked below.
    -Flight line etiquette: http://cofpv.com/cofpv-flight-line-etiquette-guide/

Bathrooms:
    A Porta Potty will be rented again this year. Funds need to be sent via paypal by June 10th to ensure we get the Porta-Potty. The rental is $295 + $150 Delivery, for a total of $345. Send PayPal to rbish@pervinco.com , and please indicate that this is for the Hartsel Porta-Potty and include your FPVLab handle/name in the notes section. All excess funds will be used to help pay for prizes and giveaways at the meet.

Lodging:
    Camping in Hartsel is recommended. The closest motel is in Fairplay, 20 miles away.

Campfires:
    are allowed. There is SOME wood that can be collected but not a lot, and you'll be hiking up the hills to get it. Bring some wood if you can.

Charging:
    Most use their car batteries and just run the engine every once in a while to let the alternator charge it back up. If you run it all the way down, just make sure you're not the last to leave and have jumper cables, or a LiPo big enough to jump yourself! A few guys will have generators and solar panels, if you ask nicely or bring beer, I bet you can use them

Media:
    C5's awesome ground station at COFPV 2015 meet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhOB6aNB7p8

Events:

1 mile cabin race: Fly out 1 mile and back around the cabin. Fastest time wins. Time to beat is 1:04.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiQT1jnctSg

Miniquad race: We are planning on hosting a multigp race. It will likely include trees, gates, and take place on the hill to use the natural terrain and hill.

FPV Soaring: I will be hosting a world's first FPV soaring event. Start at 400', and everyone shuts their motors off at the same time. Last man down wins.

Fun Flying: Fly whatever you want, or group together and do some COFPV formation

Potluck dinner: BBQ, sides, and beer!

Sponsors:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cofpv banner.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	71072  
    Last edited by Rfriedman; 9th June 2016 at 11:38 AM.

Camry?! It was a Honda Accord, thank you. And I now have an AWD Kia Sorento with much better clearance if not full 4WD, so even if I won't be driving straight up the big hill like the guys with Jeeps, at least I shouldn't be scraping the bottom on those rutted roads around camp.

As far as dates go, currently I think I'm wide open in June, but I will have to check with my (almost) wife, since she is much more of a long-range planner than I am and might already have ideas for June.
    ~Patrick M.

YouTube Channel: youtube.com/user/SerithianFPV

Colorado FPV Pilot and Flying Site Map: mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zjYlxx5w300I.kmgDGKOhrMAo

Quote Originally Posted by prelator View Post
    Camry?! It was a Honda Accord, thank you. And I now have an AWD Kia Sorento with much better clearance if not full 4WD, so even if I won't be driving straight up the big hill like the guys with Jeeps, at least I shouldn't be scraping the bottom on those rutted roads around camp.

As far as dates go, currently I think I'm wide open in June, but I will have to check with my (almost) wife, since she is much more of a long-range planner than I am and might already have ideas for June.
    Ha. Fixed. I don't know if I originally wrote that. A lot of the content is just copied. Mainly because the meets are awesome and nothing should change.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by prelator View Post

Ha. Fixed. I don't know if I originally wrote that. A lot of the content is just copied. Mainly because the meets are awesome and nothing should change. Hope you make it out!

Voted for 17th-19th, as I have to take my son to a tournament in SoCal the 24th. Hope I can make it... Drak and Z3 will be present along with all the other toys.

Cool.
    I'm planning on bringing Chimera (after a rebuild), Cularis, Popwing, Joker, and XBR quad.

- - - Updated - - -

Cool.
    I'm planning on bringing Chimera (after a rebuild), Cularis, Popwing, Joker, and XBR quad.

Navigator
    Everybody be forwarned!!!!

There will be many DRAKENS at this meet. These are extremely dangerous and. must be treated with respect!
    There preferred food is sheep, which are in short supply up there, so I wouldn't recommend hand feeding them. They are best off left to fend for themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Subbed....!
    Brett Hays
    JosephOregon.com
    flitetest.com/articles/fpv-full-scale-cockpit-ground-station-w-42-tv

Darn Reid. I have something going on all other weekends except the last... Anyway I'm sure we'll have a good turn up if I can't make it.

- - - Updated - - -

Navigator
    I'm in! Dates aren't all that important, I can make any of them.

I'll be bringing a Flinch, Z2, and a couple of Draks. And of course some frothy cold beverages!

Mark

Navigator
    Scotch, did you find your Drak, ( I assume that was you? How many Scotch's have Drak's in Colorado? ).

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast