Thread: Can't get video connection on Fatshark Dominator HD2's

Navigator

Can't get video connection on Fatshark Dominator HD2's

I am wondering if anyone can tell me why I can't get a video link to my Fat Shark Dominator HD V2's using a Nexwave RF 5G8 receiver, a Lumenier TX5G6R 600MW transmitter and a Lumenier CM-650 camera. I have tried every channel and band combination with no result. My son and I are very frustrated. I'm pretty sure we have everything wired up correctly. We have our drone flying perfectly, but can't get our FPV system to work. Can you please let me know if our set up is compatible, and if not, maybe suggest a new set up. I have tested the camera and it works, I have bought a new transmitter (same one, thinking maybe it was faulty) and still no video feed. We have the transmitter and receiver on FS band, and have tried every channel/band combination there is. The Fat Shark goggles work with my Phantom 3 when connected by wire. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NexWave RF 5G8 Receiver.jpg 
Views:	1797 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	71012Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lumenier TX5G6R 600W transmitter.jpg 
Views:	1542 
Size:	103.5 KB 
ID:	71013Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fatshark Dom HD2.jpg 
Views:	1556 
Size:	139.5 KB 
ID:	71014Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Set up.jpg 
Views:	1500 
Size:	283.2 KB 
ID:	71015
    Last edited by ValleyFPV; 7th March 2016 at 01:44 AM. Reason: Pictures added

Turn on the goggles first, then plug in the quad battery... do you see equal static on all channels? or are some of them black or blank? if its all static with no difference, then your vtx isnt sending any signal. if you see a jump in the picture when you power on, then its most likely the camera.

I had the same problem as you, although with different hardware... turned out to be channel configuration. Even though it looked like i had the switches properly configured, some were not.
    Last edited by quadtilted; 7th March 2016 at 10:40 PM.

Navigator
    Hi Quadtilted. I did what you said, goggles first, then quad battery. I see mostly black on all channels. It is static until I plug the quad battery in. Then black. It flickers a bit when I move the transmitter around, but no link. I think the transmitter is doing something. Check out the pics for the band selection. I'm pretty sure they are right. Still no picture. I have both dip switches down. I think that is IRC / FC mode on goggles. Then I have the transmitter in "F" mode. I try cycling all the channels but nothing comes on the screen. Goggles have a switch that says: RX (receiver obviously) I have that switch turned to "1" the other choice is 0, which I would think means "off" I also have the googles set to AV-2D mode. I'm not sure if that makes any difference though. I connected the FPV cam via a video adapter cord previously and the camera did work.
    Cheers.

Attachment 71037Attachment 71038

You have antennas on both right? No lens cap? Check the documentation for the tx and rx to make sure the bands and channels match.

Navigator
    Yes, 2 antennas on, lens cap off. GetFPV.com confirmed that the set up is compatible. I am going to send GetFPV.com a picture of my wiring so they can check if I have everything correct. Hopefully they can provide some insight. Something just isn't working properly. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by ValleyFPV View Post
    Yes, 2 antennas on, lens cap off. GetFPV.com confirmed that the set up is compatible. I am going to send GetFPV.com a picture of my wiring so they can check if I have everything correct. Hopefully they can provide some insight. Something just isn't working properly. Cheers
    Not sure if this is stating the obvious but my V1s have a switch on the bottom left side that turns on and off the internal receiver. Good luck.

Navigator
    Thanks for the input Attala, but yes I am aware of the switch. The folks a t GetFPV.com are sending me a new connector wire from the cam to my vid transmitter. Hopefully that will work. I'll let you all know. I should receive it this week.

HOW do you configure the channels on the vtx and connect to fatshark googles

Quote Originally Posted by quadtilted View Post
    Turn on the goggles first, then plug in the quad battery... do you see equal static on all channels? or are some of them black or blank? if its all static with no difference, then your vtx isnt sending any signal. if you see a jump in the picture when you power on, then its most likely the camera.

I had the same problem as you, although with different hardware... turned out to be channel configuration. Even though it looked like i had the switches properly configured, some were not.

Have the same problem. HOW did you configure the channel on the vtx. What order do you need to switch all the items on. Fatshark goggles, quad, x7 taranis controller

Cheers