Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: FPV racing and why itís stupid.

Music
    Drawing
    Painting
    Dansing
    Sculpting
    Everything can be spiritual, and its all equally pointless, but very rewarding. Theres a pastime for
    everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by HŚvard StÝre View Post
    Everything can be spiritual, and its all equally pointless, but very rewarding. Theres a pastime for
    everyone.
    Only if one is G*dless.

Wayne
    Everybody loves a bunny.

Quote Originally Posted by Channel 1 View Post
    Only if one is G*dless.

Wayne
    I don't discuss bronze or iron age bullshit on FPV lab.

Engineer for Jesus Christ IBCrazy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HŚvard StÝre View Post
    I don't discuss bronze or iron age bullshit on FPV lab.
    How about modern age science?

Apparently Michio Kaku is a super genius... which means he's likely smarter than everyone on this forum. Of course, he's out there... way out there. Out there as in he's past left field.

-Alex
    If it is broken, fix it. if it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.

videoaerialsystems.com - Performance video piloting

Quote Originally Posted by IBCrazy View Post

Apparently Michio Kaku is a super genius... which means he's likely smarter than everyone on this forum. Of course, he's out there... way out there. Out there as in he's past left field.

-Alex
    Not as smart as Wayne

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

he's out there... way out there
    Sounds a bit kuku alright, so does all the rest of God theories in the world
    If you're a noob, copy 1:1 what somebody already flies without too much questions, you'll find the answers later.
    PatrikE: I don't see anything wrong in your dump...
    Derrick:
    you are flying it LOS... You are doing it wrong.

Thanks for sharing Alex now i feel like going back to school LOL. Really makes you wonder

Quote Originally Posted by Rfriedman View Post
    Not as smart as Wayne
    I don't know about that, yesterday afternoon we where being treated to a rather nasty thunderstorm and while watching the lightning (a natural phenomena I find to be really cool) I notice a UPS tractor trailer rig stop in front of my home, he hit his horn heralding his arrival and the delivery of my new tower.

So damm the rain and the lightning, I put on a hat and trundle out to the rig, the driver being a wise person is standing in the dry trailer where he shoves a pallet out to me with 4 Rohn 25G, 10 foot tower sections strapped to it and some accessories, the driver gave the pallet another good shove while I gave it a good pull and the pallet dropped to the road, I signed for the shipment and he was on his way.

The pallet was too heavy for me to move so I walked back to the garage got a pair of tin snips walked back out and cut the straps, then one by one I grabbed the sections, hoisted them up on my shoulder and carried them off to the shop, now the driveway from my home to the road is about 350' and after I moved all of the sections and the accessories, it dawned upon me I had just walked about a third of a mile with a 10 foot galvanized steel tower section on my shoulder, while totally soaked, in a thunderstorm, with lightning dancing all around me.

Wayne
    Everybody loves a bunny.

Navigator

-Alex
    I followed it all right up until the point he said 'God'!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Engineer for Jesus Christ IBCrazy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Channel 1 View Post
    I don't know about that, yesterday afternoon we where being treated to a rather nasty thunderstorm and while watching the lightning (a natural phenomena I find to be really cool) I notice a UPS tractor trailer rig stop in front of my home, he hit his horn heralding his arrival and the delivery of my new tower.

So damm the rain and the lightning, I put on a hat and trundle out to the rig, the driver being a wise person is standing in the dry trailer where he shoves a pallet out to me with 4 Rohn 25G, 10 foot tower sections strapped to it and some accessories, the driver gave the pallet another good shove while I gave it a good pull and the pallet dropped to the road, I signed for the shipment and he was on his way.

The pallet was too heavy for me to move so I walked back to the garage got a pair of tin snips walked back out and cut the straps, then one by one I grabbed the sections, hoisted them up on my shoulder and carried them off to the shop, now the driveway from my home to the road is about 350' and after I moved all of the sections and the accessories, it dawned upon me I had just walked about a third of a mile with a 10 foot galvanized steel tower section on my shoulder, while totally soaked, in a thunderstorm, with lightning dancing all around me.

Wayne
    Good thing there was no sharp edge pointing skyward or you very well could have been fried.

One thing I want to try soon is a lightning strike generator. The plan is to make a sugar/potassium nitrate powered rocket (I'm too cheap to buy Estes engines) and tie a 30-34 awg wire to it. The other end of the wire will be in the ground. With a little luck, I can launch this up into the thunderstorm and get lightning to strike the sharp end of the wire. I just need to be far away when I set that thing off. I don't need to end up on the Darwin awards.

-Alex
    If it is broken, fix it. if it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.

videoaerialsystems.com - Performance video piloting

Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast