Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: FPV racing and why itís stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by 33db View Post
    Never been to London I take it..
    Sure have - great city. Lots of weirdness in pubs...but no fretsaws that I saw.
    Shut up and fly.

Wait......There is beer in london?!?! Whaaaaaat?!?!
    Brett Hays
    JosephOregon.com
    flitetest.com/articles/fpv-full-scale-cockpit-ground-station-w-42-tv

Quote Originally Posted by Roboforcer X2000 View Post
    LOL, now yas making me look like a drunk irish in a pub talking about global warming...
    When in doubt I listen to the quad flying Leprechaun.

As someone new just picking the hobby up, I have to say it was fpv racing that peaked my interest into the world of fpv. I have always enjoyed anything RC as a hobby but never decided to go full into it. I watched a lot of videos of the actually flying / racing for awhile. But it wasn't until I saw the enthusiasm and excitement of someone building there own, that I decided this was a hobby I could really enjoy. I feel like for some the draw of making something from nothing, and flying it yourself for the first time with your friends will always be the main drive behind staying with it for so long. Just my opinion, I didn't even know there was much of a league to be honest (I'm from Canada, still not very big here) but it was some professionals videos that got my initial interest, and then seeing it as a hobby made me join. So everyone is different and comes from a different reason to join. All I wanted to say

It is just opinions being thrown about here.....To each their own I say. We all enjoy and are drawn to this hobby for different reasons. For whatever reason, I am glad we all have a place to rant and rave about whatever here on the Lab.
    Brett Hays
    JosephOregon.com

Amazing how threads go south very quickly But hey, we still on topic- if you're upset, go for a pint!
    Quote Originally Posted by c5galaxy engineer View Post
    I'm sorry but I just assumed you were. I just thought the pubs there had internet like the coffee shops here. I thought you were just another Irishman at the pub with his laptop.......Now I have to rethink what I think about you......
    No wifi or laptops in Irish (don't confuse with London, that's England, not Ireland) pubs, just beer, good live music and mighty craic!
    P.S. Even when it sounds exactly like crack, it's not what you think http://www.ireland-fun-facts.com/craic.html
    Quote Originally Posted by PDXDave View Post
    Nah...who brings a fretsaw to a pub? That would just be weird -- the Guinness is in your shop, right?
    I'd bring my fretsaw even to bed- she doesn't nag, no bitchin', no complaints about me spending money on RC and has no problem if I use other tools...
    Still OT, but on the serious note- Guinness is not the same elsewhere than a small pub in Ireland and I'm a big fan of that "mother's milk". I seriously wanted to get an original keg & tap system that pubs are using but my evil financial adviser (loving and beloved wife) said no
    Not to get wrong impression about me- I'm not an alkie and I don't drink as much as it might look like, I just enjoy tasting this particular liquid. ...a lot...
    If you're a noob, copy 1:1 what somebody already flies without too much questions, you'll find the answers later.
    PatrikE: I don't see anything wrong in your dump...
    Derrick:
    you are flying it LOS... You are doing it wrong.

Ohhhhh I have been to both Ireland and London and that is what I was eluding to.......there is no beer like an Irish beer in an Irish Pub (BTW they are just called "Pubs" in Ireland.....LOL)......even the Guinness taste like nothing I have ever been able to replicate. I think it was Ireland where I had my first and last "snake bite".......Oh boy did that go down easy and came up harrrrrd. Damn....its a wonder I remember anything from that night at all.....LOL! Honestly.....I think I have been to an Irish pub in every country I have visited but just the good ol "pubs" of Ireland were the best......that is if the locals were friendly to the "outsider"......LOL.
    Brett Hays
    JosephOregon.com

I love London . But what about freestyle ?
    TBS Vendetta --210 Charpu edition withpowercube/core pro/unify pro -- Tbs Triumph Tx -- IB Crazy Mad Mushroom Rx
    Taranis Plus & XSR receiver -- Tattu 4s battery -- HeadPlay HD

Quote Originally Posted by Quadski View Post
    I love London . But what about freestyle ?
    Sure.....I have done London freestyle....(I'm guessing you mean without clothes)
    Brett Hays
    JosephOregon.com

^^ pics or it didn't happen

on second thought.... we believe ya' no pics please...

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast