www.immersionrc.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Voltage telemetry to the taranis vortex pro 250

Navigator
    Points for cool factor but what do you get that you don't see in the OSD? You would have to take your goggles off to even see the telemetry screen. Do you fly your vortex LOS? Do you use voltage alarms on the taranis?

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by elib View Post
    Points for cool factor but what do you get that you don't see in the OSD? You would have to take your goggles off to even see the telemetry screen. Do you fly your vortex LOS? Do you use voltage alarms on the taranis?
    LOS flying (especially for testing, and when video goes out), Taranis voice alarms (easy to get wrapped up in what's happening & forget to watch the OSD), plus the Taranis can watch the battery in a "smart" way that ignores the jumping around due to sag. I get a major amount of sag, and the voltage display isn't very useful.

What would be even better would be to be able to get the mAh used to the Taranis. My other quad does this, and I use it all the time - I have a switch set up on my Taranis that sets the battery size & it automatically tells me when I have 30% and 20% left. VERY useful. Monkeying around with the OSD to set battery size for every single pack is a non-starter.

Navigator
    I see why it's useful for you. Personally I use all 4s 1300mah packs now and pretty much just use the OSD mah used. I land at 1000mah used and my packs are pretty much dead on 14.9-15.0 so I don't think I'll bother. I've realized that you don't need more than 5 packs if you can charge them quickly in the field. I'm amazed that you can ignore the flashing alerts in the OSD

Navigator
    Would there be a way to use a GPS as well? Its the TX port right so can you use RX still? I assume not but it would be cool to get GPS fix back to a ground station for those times the quad goes down and you really have no idea where it is. Isn't that what the iTelemetry thing is?

Navigator
    Have a look at the FrSky FLVSS. This seems to be doing what you want.

Navigator
    It's basically as straightforward as it gets - Connect the TX pin from the FC's UART to the receiver's S-Port, enable S-Port telemetry on that UART in betaflight and you're done.[/QUOTE]

Do you or does anyone have a picture or diagram of the Vortex 250 Fusion board (STM32F303 based ('F3')) which pin this is? Are there more than one UARTS available to choose from? Im not sure I could find it by just looking at the board...

Quote Originally Posted by husafreak View Post
    It's basically as straightforward as it gets - Connect the TX pin from the FC's UART to the receiver's S-Port, enable S-Port telemetry on that UART in betaflight and you're done.
    Do you or does anyone have a picture or diagram of the Vortex 250 Fusion board (STM32F303 based ('F3')) which pin this is? Are there more than one UARTS available to choose from? Im not sure I could find it by just looking at the board...[/QUOTE]Would be interested as well...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G935F mit Tapatalk

Navigator
    Does anyone know what the 2 connectors are for on the fusion 2 flight control board? 'I know the 1 is uart 3 for sbus, or serial receivers, but what about the other 2? 2 pins of each are power but I'm not sure what voltage, and the other 2 pins go to the f.c. Processor and the other connectors 2 pins go to the osd processesor... I have a run cam with the uart to osd adapter board connected to it and I'm trying to get cam osd control with my sticks.. I've tried the gps port and set uart 2 to run cam device but no joy, I did install beta flight 3.3 also because that's the first version to support the adapter, I did lose osd control over the flight controller though because we need a osd update to support 3.3... I also have a micro gps I connect to the uart 2, so now I'm trying to find the soft serial ports and I'm hoping the connectors on the fusion 2 will give me soft serial...

Not only do I fly freestyle, but I like to tinker and add things, so if anyone knows please let me know.. I found this diagram, i think it's for the fusion 1 but it should be the same except the uart 3 for sbus receivers.... But we all know what that connector is for... Plus I'm thinking about buying a seperate fusion 2 board to install into a custom frame and knowing this info will help my build

thanks

-Mark
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	249.6 KB 
ID:	78470  

Navigator
    Also this pin out for the stm32f1 which I'm pretty sure is a pin for pin replacement of the f3? The terminals in question are labeled Swdio which is pin 34 and swdclk which is pin 37, those go to one of the connectors on the fusion board, so are those my soft serials?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	176.7 KB 
ID:	78471