www.immersionrc.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Voltage telemetry to the taranis vortex pro 250

Navigator

Voltage telemetry to the taranis vortex pro 250

Is there a way to send voltage telemetry to my taranis tx. I'm using a x4r sbus rx with smart port. I'm trying to figure out where to connect to the vortex to send data back to my radio. Please help if its possible . Sometimes I like to fly without the googles on....

steve

Lost in FPV
    Quote Originally Posted by ikuzus06 View Post
    Is there a way to send voltage telemetry to my taranis tx. I'm using a x4r sbus rx with smart port. I'm trying to figure out where to connect to the vortex to send data back to my radio. Please help if its possible . Sometimes I like to fly without the googles on....

steve
    Unfortunately the Vortex will only send telemetry to the OSD not the transmitter. I was hoping to set some audible alarms on my Taranis but it's not possible.

Navigator
    The only way I can think of doing this is hooking up a separate voltage sensor to the x4r sbus smartport. I'm planning on doing similar with the FrSky GPS sensor.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by dmy View Post
    The only way I can think of doing this is hooking up a separate voltage sensor to the x4r sbus smartport. I'm planning on doing similar with the FrSky GPS sensor.
    I put a voltage sensor (the frsky one) on my 250. It's of limited use since the voltage sags all over the place when the throttle is being used. To get a useful measurement, you need to drop the throttle.
    I use it to check the cell voltages BEFORE I fly to make sure I'm using a good battery. Other than that, I'm finding it pretty useless.

Navigator
    Interesting that the voltage gives erratic readings during flight. It is normal for the voltage to vary depending on throttle use, but it should not be all over the place. Where did you put the sensor? I use a separate Lipo Tester before and after flight, this one. Voltage telemetry just to check the battery before flight is a bit overdone IMHO.

Navigator
    Research how to connect the smartport cable to the out pin of the GPS port. Configure that port in cleanflight to telemetry. Do a sensor scan on your taranis.

I have not done this myself. but I think can be done.

Sent from Tapatalk

Navigator
    It does work, I have it set up.

Awesome, could you maybe post a small howto?

Navigator
    Well not really at hand, I actually found this thread while trying to find one to link someone to :P

It's basically as straightforward as it gets - Connect the TX pin from the FC's UART to the receiver's S-Port, enable S-Port telemetry on that UART in betaflight and you're done.

Navigator
    I made a voltage divider and used this video: