www.immersionrc.com

Thread: GETFPV swapping motors

GETFPV swapping motors

Why does Getfpv swap the motors from the Vortex 250 Pro to the "Lumenier RX2204-14 2300kV" motors? aren't the motors that Immersion use any good? If I am not mistaking RMRC does this too??? I'm just curious is all. Thank you!

Are you sure they 'swap' them or do they order them that way?

Standard Vortex Pro has multistar elites. The Lumenier Rx2204s are much nicer imo.
    Follow My Builds: plus.google.com/u/0/+HallyFPV/posts
    Team-Legit FOHDY 40" - Cobra 2217/1180kv, 40a HK Esc, TBS Core Pro & GPS, TBS Crossfire
    Mini Talon - Sunnysky 2216 /1250kv, 40a Xrotor Esc, TBS Core Pro, TBS Crossfire
    Lumenier QAV-R 5" - Kiss FC, Kiss 24aRE Esc (Dshot600), Lumenier 2206-2350kv Motors, Lumenier 600mw VTX, TBS Crossfire
    Lumenier QAV210 - TBS Colibri FC, TBS FPVision (OSD/VTX), ZTW 30a Blheli-S (Multishot), Emax RS2205-S 2300kv, TBS Crossfire

@ RonSII well I don't know what they do, I was just curious is all. To me it seemed strange, but as long as the Lumenier motors are better like Hally1983 suggested that would be okay. How about warranty? what motors does Immersion warrant? Like I said in my first post "just curious" I am planning on purchasing a Vortex 250 and I try to research before I buy. Just struck me as odd. Maybe that is why Immersion says " contact the retailer you purchased the Vortex from for support".

Immersion is a manufacturer and wholesales it's product to retailers... and the retailers job is to deal with retail customers including support, breakage, etc..., although you do see them going above and beyond in handling some issues that retailers fall down on.

most all the motors I have had on my vortexes are so-so ok... well as much as can be expected for the price range of em' and they do have a lifespan sometimes shorter than we hope.

Navigator
    The luminiers arent that better if you the forums. I would order the stock pro and buy 2 mottors spare. They are about 14bucks a piece. So cheap to replace.

Co-Pilot
    Immersion are not the first manufacturer to do special releases with retailers. It's pretty common across the spectrum of products out there.

That's why you can also buy a BNF Vortex from Horizon Hobby.

My guess is that GetFPV's vortex's are factory fitted in the Immersion factory, rather than GetFPV buying them and installing the motors but perhaps they just buy the airframes and fit em themselves.

BTW - I have read the Lumenier motors are not very good....lots of bent shafts and dodgy bearings.