VideoAerialSystems

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Wraith Micro 27.5" Build & Info

Navigator
    Looks like a lot of fun! Would you mind posting the AUW? When do you think you'll maiden it? I'm a sucker for small planes

Quote Originally Posted by elmtree View Post
    Looks like a lot of fun! Would you mind posting the AUW? When do you think you'll maiden it? I'm a sucker for small planes
    16.4 oz with a 3S 1500 battery. I just need a break in the rain, so hopefully in the next couple days I can go to the park and test it out!

Quote Originally Posted by gobigdale View Post
    16.4 oz with a 3S 1500 battery. I just need a break in the rain, so hopefully in the next couple days I can go to the park and test it out!
    Which power did you put on this little guy?

Navigator
    Looking good... Is Alex cutting black foam as well.. ?
    M

Looking good Dale.
    That would have been perfect for the farm!!!

Engineer for Jesus Christ IBCrazy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcrock View Post
    Looking good... Is Alex cutting black foam as well.. ?
    M
    That's black paint. Apparently Dale knows how to make it look better than me. I'm guessing he spends more time sanding to down.

-Alex
    If it is broken, fix it. if it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.

videoaerialsystems.com - Performance video piloting

Quote Originally Posted by IBCrazy View Post
    That's black paint. Apparently Dale knows how to make it look better than me. I'm guessing he spends more time sanding to down.

-Alex
    I give all the pieces a good sanding. This helps the lam stick down better.

I got a tiny break in the weather yesterday for a quick flight. Wind was 8 to 10 mph. I believe I was a little nose heavy but kept it in the air. Had to stop flying cause it started dumping rain. This thing is awesome. I made some adjustments last night, the flight cam was #$%^ so I put a better one in which made my nose heavy issue worse. Had to move equipment backwards which should help out a lot. I am ready for another test flight but it is dumping rain again. Nothing special video just getting a feel for it.

Alex, how much up elevator do you have in yours? I am guessing I ended up with a lot because of being nose heavy, but just want to make sure.
    Last edited by gobigdale; 13th February 2016 at 05:53 PM.

Engineer for Jesus Christ IBCrazy's Avatar
    I give all the pieces a good sanding. This helps the lam stick down better.

I got a tiny break in the weather yesterday for a quick flight. Wind was 8 to 10 mph. I believe I was a little nose heavy but kept it in the air. Had to stop flying cause it started dumping rain. This thing is awesome. I made some adjustments last night, the flight cam was #$%^ so I put a better one in which made my nose heavy issue worse. Had to move equipment backwards which should help out a lot. I am ready for another test flight but it is dumping rain again. Nothing special video just getting a feel for it.

Alex, how much up elevator do you have in yours? I am guessing I ended up with a lot because of being nose heavy, but just want to make sure.
    I figured your 1500 3S would be a bit large. Mine runs a 3S1300 and is a touch nose-heavy. If you are using a lot of up elevator, check to be sure your tail is level with the wing. My elevator is up 1/16".

-Alex
    If it is broken, fix it. if it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.

videoaerialsystems.com - Performance video piloting

Got another tiny break in the weather and we went down to the ball field to give this little guy another go. I was able to get my CG perfect and strapped on a better flight cam. No FPV because the rain started again, but here is what we ended up with:

Overall impression is that this is a MUST HAVE. My favorite VAS plane, beat out the Banshee. It is so small, yet flies like a much bigger plane. I can not wait to get some more flights on this thing. Still running 3S 1500 batteries. The 4S 1100 should make this insane...

Got another tiny break in the weather and we went down to the ball field to give this little guy another go. I was able to get my CG perfect and strapped on a better flight cam. No FPV because the rain started again, but here is what we ended up with:

Overall impression is that this is a MUST HAVE. My favorite VAS plane, beat out the Banshee. It is so small, yet flies like a much bigger plane. I can not wait to get some more flights on this thing. Still running 3S 1500 batteries. The 4S 1100 should make this insane...
    Hey Dale, which motor and prop?