Page 61 of 161 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast

Thread: Mini Drak

Forum Member
    If you run Graupner gear and only intend to use 2.4 for control.

The combined 12 channel rx with gyro is a very good option ... just add their bec and osd or run the osd on the ground.

I find the Graupner to be a lot better than the Taranis to use especially if you buy the 24 Pro version.
    Have opened my 18 version and the build inside is superb... looking at 24 Pro this year...

Another option is to use..

Use the http://www.hobbiesfly.com/fpv-equipm...y-hawkeye.html

All their gear is good quality except for the 433 antenna's.

The new Headplays to be released will have their reciever in them.

These options don't offer return to home tho.

With Graupner you can add GPS for position.

I suspect most Mini Drake flyers will be just beyond line of site or max 1.5 km out..

Oh yeah Chris I need to order one soon.. and hopefully a 44 sent out in same package maybe.

Thoughts

M

Sent from my SM-N910U using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    The Micro Vector actually fit well on my Popwing because it is shorter than the regular vector.Of course if they would implement something as simple as being able to mount the full size Vector sideways that wouldn't have been an issue.I still don't understand why it is possible on every Betaflight controller out there but not on the vector.
    Last edited by sparkyincali; 4th February 2017 at 11:24 PM.
    Most of the money I made this year I spent on FPV,the rest I just wasted.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ritewing View Post
    Its form factor really isn't any smaller.
    That's what I realized when I first saw it on another forum. ET representative said that I don't know I'm talking about, or something and when you scaling down the unit, wiring becomes an issue #1. Same was for me with naze32 and mini naze32.
    Glad that they still produce a big Vector.

P.S. Does it (big vector) really power the servos?! Thought I saw the opposite in the manual. Will have to re-check it

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oleg_t View Post
    That's what I realized when I first saw it on another forum. ET representative said that I don't know I'm talking about, or something and when you scaling down the unit, wiring becomes an issue #1. Same was for me with naze32 and mini naze32.
    Glad that they still produce a big Vector.

P.S. Does it (big vector) really power the servos?! Thought I saw the opposite in the manual. Will have to re-check it
    The vector itself doesn't power the servos (nor should you try) via the power supply, but what it does do is pass through power from a Bec, either stand alone or on an ESC, that you plug into the throttle port on the vector (or any open spot on the rail except for rssi I believe). That will power the whole rail (except rssi) and give juice to your servos on the big one. On the little one, you can only plug the signal wires in, then have to separate out the power and ground yourself, externally.

So on the big one, you chuck in your ESC on throttle (or just the signal from your ESC and power and ground from a standalone BEC), as well as your two elevon servos in the aileron and elevator ports, then connect the ail and rssi with male to male connectors to your receiver and you're done. Literally seconds to complete. The square vector takes a little more time and thought, and soldering...
    Last edited by Hoss; 5th February 2017 at 06:18 AM.

Forum Member
    I planned to use the micro vector on my new Bonsai cause it was supposed to be smaller and the Vector offers quite usable 3D stabilisation (and I can wire it to a TBS X-fire micro and get GPS position)
    As sparkyincali already mentioned you cannot change bord orientation which is a big drawback if space is an issue.
    I don't mind a lot of doing the wiring myself, on the smaller wings I always cut away the plugs, pins and connectors anyway, leave away the housing and solder everything to the correct length. Saves space and also a bit weight.
    This might not be required on the Mini Drak however, so perhaps I'll stay with the "big" one on that.

Forum Member
    Thanks for the clarification Hoss, now I see we were reading the same manual indeed just my poor understanding of what you wanted to say, but all good now.
    BTW:since we touched this topic already- does anyone use that Optipower power backup module with Vector? Since servos should be powered separately from the "brain", sound like single backup unit wouldn't be enough, if the main battery fails. Or there is some trick?

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oleg_t View Post
    Thanks for the clarification Hoss, now I see we were reading the same manual indeed just my poor understanding of what you wanted to say, but all good now.
    BTW:since we touched this topic already- does anyone use that Optipower power backup module with Vector? Since servos should be powered separately from the "brain", sound like single backup unit wouldn't be enough, if the main battery fails. Or there is some trick?
    I remember people taking about the backup guardian last year. It's that battery backup that will provide alternative power to your servos (or anything you want within power spec I suppose) you plug it in to the big vector and it will use the higher voltage as the main, but will fall back to the battery if one source goes away. I've never used it though, but have heard good things. I think scorpion makes it.

Forum Member
    I really like this video, about installing the Mini Vector into the Mini Drak. As far as I can see, Johnny is doing a rather neat job. About the size with the connectors and everything, it seems to me, to take up less space than the full size Vector. Not by much though:

Forum Member
    Not at all relevant and certainly off topic, but I'm pretty damn psyched and figured I'd share. Really digging the new toy (no, the camera box isn't the new toy)

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Håvard Støre View Post
    I really like this video, about installing the Mini Vector into the Mini Drak. As far as I can see, Johnny is doing a rather neat job. About the size with the connectors and everything, it seems to me, to take up less space than the full size Vector. Not by much though:
    I could have 2 full size installed and configured in that wing before 1 mini...micro...whatever they call it. Oooops...crashed the wing...now I want to use it in another setup. No thanks....I'll stay with the full size. It's isn't hard to install a full size into a mini wing.