Page 126 of 161 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1609

Thread: Mini Drak

Navigator
    Hey 433/1.3 folks. After watching Hoss's video I am wondering if any of ya'll also had RSSI issues? I am trying to avoid glueing the wings and mounting the antennas in them.

Plan to use the truerc antenna with a 400mw TX and an EZuhf.

Are any of you guys with vectors having to adjust away from the stock gains? This is my fourth vectored plane and I have never needed to but I set up the knob on this one as it's been doing a little bouncing.

Instructor Pilot
    With this aircraft having such a wide speed range it's absolutely awesome to have your gains on a dial I have not been able to really find one set gain that works for all speeds. But having it on a dial is nice cuz you can tighten them up on launch once it gets up and cruising you can lightly dial them off until any oscillation goes away.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Co-Pilot
    I haven't bothered trying to tune a vector since discovering the gains dial. Just adjust during flight. It works so well there's no reason to try finding that "perfect" tune.

Instructor Pilot
    Exactly I've never been able to find any gain tune that works for all speeds. Having it on the knob as you to adjust it for whatever situation you're in. Having it adjustable during flight gives you the capability of turning it for whatever you need on the Fly

Honestly, the only tuning I've ever really had to do was turn it down slightly when doing high speed stuff. Otherwise it sits at 50% and does pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by binarythrottle View Post
    Hey 433/1.3 folks. After watching Hoss's video I am wondering if any of ya'll also had RSSI issues? I am trying to avoid glueing the wings and mounting the antennas in them.

Plan to use the truerc antenna with a 400mw TX and an EZuhf.
    I initially installed the truerc antenna in one of the side bays. I just had to dig a little foam out and it fit nicely. But the servo wire passed right next to the antenna and with the video tx on, I would get servo stutter on that side. I ended up moving the antenna into the wing. I just cut a circle in the wing and the truerc antenna fits right in. The width of the wing is just right. Stuttering stopped.

For longer distance, the more separation you can get between the 433 and 1.3 antennas the better. You will notice the RSSI dipping faster at distance if you don't have enough separation.
    youtube.com/user/Appelm1
    NEFPV.com

Instructor Pilot
    You can always take that Singularity antenna mounted flush on the bottom of the fuselage around the CG and put it at the correct orientation and then you don't have anything shadowing in it the most of the time you're flying

Fly,crash,glue,repeat! Jake Bullit's Avatar
    What is the external diameter of the main wing inner spar ,the one that slides inside?
    "Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

If I could give a single piece of advice on the mini drak (or the big drak for that matter - mine would still be alive if I had) it would be to put a piece of 10 mil lam on the underside of the nose back to the main spar. Over the weekend something went wrong and the mini went in hard directly on the nose. Everything flew out - controller, battery, receiver - everything... But, it's alive and the nose is in one piece and barely wrinkled. It was fascinating. It was hard - I was positive it was done. The stiffness of the 10 mil and no doubt burying the spars worked perfectly and the mini will fly again. On the big drak (and certainly on my next build of one) it'll get 2 layers of 10 mil back to the spar. The nose has no chance to come apart at that point. Or, at least it would take some real talent to break it up at that point