Page 100 of 161 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1609

Thread: Mini Drak

Pilot
    For any of you that are using the TBS unify pro video transmitter on your minidrak I've added an aluminum heat sink to mine from here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

With this installed I can run the unify pro at 800mw with no forced airflow for as long as I like with no overheating.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00438.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	219.8 KB 
ID:	76867   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00440.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	249.5 KB 
ID:	76868  

Fly,crash,glue,repeat! Jake Bullit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Håvard Støre View Post
    Damn dude! That thing really tracks. Well done Jake:-) I will have no winglets on mine either. Your camera is high, but you probably noticed that yourself;-)

My MD is expected to arrive tomorrow. I am very excited.
    Thanks,I`m undecided about the winglets,it seems to handle pretty well without.I prefer a little less drag for more top end speed.Registered 212 kmh coming out of a lowish dive yesterday,slight tailwind.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vlcsnap-00469.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	127.9 KB 
ID:	76871
    "Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Navigator
    Hi guys,

I haven't been tracking for a while so I'm a little out of touch with all that's going on with this.

5S... what a great idea. I'm already running a pair of 4600mAh on big brother so if I go with 1 on MD I can fly both planes or just the Mini half a dozen times. I'm really interested in hearing your test findings on props, Scott.

I'm a little confused about this printed camera mount. Are one of you guys selling these or are those who own printers simply making them with a shared file? Also, and this might be a dumb question, what is it for? ;-] I mean, I'm seeing pictures of people hacking off the nose then sticking this heavier printed piece where the nose just was so it seems like all you are gaining is pre-made cutouts for cameras?

Billy - did you cover your fins in vinyl? I notice the flutes are covered.

Regarding some motors talked about the last few pages:

The Cobra 2814/10 motor is 109 grams in weight - 1450kv
    The Cobra 2820/8 motor is 139 grams - 1700kv
    Chris' motor on the scale with the extended shaft is 126 grams - 1700kv
    Then you have Harvard Store tossing in an EDF inrunner...

I wonder which is best for sport, tearing up the sky flying. Hurry up and figure out what'll do a buck thirty so I can copy you.
    Last edited by Maj.Duty; 11th May 2017 at 03:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maj.Duty View Post
    Hi guys,

I haven't been tracking for a while so I'm a little out of touch with all that's going on with this.

5S... what a great idea. I'm already running a pair of 4600mAh on big brother so if I go with 1 on MD I can fly both planes or just the Mini half a dozen times. I'm really interested in hearing your test findings on props, Scott.

I'm a little confused about this printed camera mount. Are one of you guys selling these or are those who own printers simply making them with a shared file? Also, and this might be a dumb question, what is it for? ;-] I mean, I'm seeing pictures of people hacking off the nose then sticking this heavier printed piece where the nose just was so it seems like all you are gaining is pre-made cutouts for cameras?

I wonder which is best for sport, tearing up the sky flying. Hurry up and figure out what'll do a buck thirty so I can copy you.
    Yes - dudes are printing their own. Havard is on a designing mission and has created all kinds of stuff - mostly incredibly accurate, and he doesn't even have a printer, lol. Pretty sick. Yes, seems guys are gaining pre made cutouts in a glue-on piece.

Billy printed his own verts - hence no flutes.

I have a feeling the ss motor, custom ESC (higher amperage) and the 7x8 or 7x9 are going to give you the 130 you're looking for. Though, I have no idea what Havard is up to... He might be attempting to melt the sound barrier with his idea. As long as throttle management keeps the SS cool enough to run the 7x9 reliably, and as long as I can get it into the air without prop stall and nose in, ecalc says it'll do 127mph flat and level - wide open, and ecalc is usually frighteningly accurate in terms of speeds. After all, it's just math...

Welcome back

The camera mounts wont make your plane faster or lighter. There are two reasons for using them. The first is alignment. With a 3d printed part you get perfect alignment in all axis. This can be very difficult to achieve when sinking the cameras into the foam. I am quite sure that a lot of people fly with improperly aligned flight cameras. This will adversely affect presision when flying. The second reason is that the hard plastic part will protect the cameras quite effectively. All of this said, I am not saying that people absolutely should use these printed parts. Some want them, some dont.

If you want one, and dont have a printer, you can register at 3Dhubs and get it printed in the color, resolution and material you want. Its quite cheap and fast.

Hi guys,

Not sure if someone else is using the 2814/1450 you mention but my MD has the 2820/1450 at 139 grams. Perhaps you meant that above but wrote 1700kv.
    youtube.com/user/Appelm1
    NEFPV.com

Pilot
    Hi guys,

Hi I printed my fins. All of my designs (and Harvards) are on thingiverse free to download and print. If you don't have a printer you can find a buddy, or a local service or online one to do it. Or you can pm me and I can print it for a prearranged fee.

As far as needing the prints, of course you don't. I like the way it looks. And like Harvard said the camera mounts provide more protection and precise positioning. The goal for me with my mount was to make it more aerodynamic by completely submerging the cameras. As far as my fins go, they look much better than coroplast and they don't capture dirt and grass on landings.

The prints add a minor amount of weight but insignificant for the mini drak. If anything the plane will fly better in wind with the extra weight. But not so much added weight that it appreciably increases stall or required landing speed.

I have now bought Foxeer 1177 for all my planes including the MD. Do any of you have settings to recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by Håvard Støre View Post
    I have now bought Foxeer 1177 for all my planes including the MD. Do any of you have settings to recommend?
    I'll have to go through my cameras, but I have them to the point that they look good in the day and I can fly well beyond dusk and it still looks like full sun. I know either Chad from rotor riot (finalglideaus) or rotor riot themselves did an hs1177 setup video. I can't remember if that's where I got my settings from or if I edited them from there, but that might be a good place to start...

Quote Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
    I'll have to go through my cameras, but I have them to the point that they look good in the day and I can fly well beyond dusk and it still looks like full sun. I know either Chad from rotor riot (finalglideaus) or rotor riot themselves did an hs1177 setup video. I can't remember if that's where I got my settings from or if I edited them from there, but that might be a good place to start...
    I assume its this video. Thanks Scott:-)