Page 99 of 161 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149 ... LastLast

Thread: Mini Drak

That is so cool. Yes, please post the stl.

Quote Originally Posted by atron73 View Post
    Attachment 76845I've drawn up a 3d printed "dog bone" style connector that is removable and should pop out in a crash, but fits snug enough to need a tool for removal. Makes this thing a little more rigid. If any one is interested I'll post the .stl.
    and I like your skid protectors too...
    Slow is smooth - smooth is fast...

Ahh, yes, those too... let me get a link up. Here you go. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2300965

I have been breaking props for the last several outings for some reason. Some because I suddenly forgot how to throw the mini, some because I try to get too close to the ground, and others... well, it's really just those 2. But, The last 2 outings I have botched throws, immediately broken my prop and not had another to replace it with, which has really sucked. So, tonight, I ordered 4 7x6 apc e props, 1 master airscrew 7x6 (which I have used before on the mini - it works well) and 1 each of the following: 7x6, 7x7, 7x8 & 7x9 sport props (meant for nitro). They are slightly heavier, but not all that much heavier. I know - and I've been a big proponent of this: you should never use gas props with electric motors... But, at this scale, the weight difference isn't really all that much, but we shall see. ECalc shows a steady speed increase all the way through the 7x9 - ending at just under 130 mph straight and level, but never gets above 60A! That, imo, is quite incredible. 130 with no tricks and not entirely over-running the motor is pretty slick. We'll see though. I will be swapping out the ESC for an 80A jammie just for fun (though I think the 45A cobra would still handle it fine, as long as it wasn't sustained 60A runs and just blips). I am determined to have the first 130 mph mini drak (straight and level - no tailwind) using the stock motor. Next weekend will tell... Wish me luck.

Navigator
    I wish you luck, and thank you for the feedback Whatever numbers says, we have to test things !
    Also thanks to atron73 for sharing files.

The torque on 7/9 will be exquisite, Scott. Good thing you use a Vector. Are you running the SS motor? If so, whitch motor do you choose in ecalc as a substitute for this motor?

Quote Originally Posted by Håvard Støre View Post
    The torque on 7/9 will be exquisite, Scott. Good thing you use a Vector. Are you running the SS motor? If so, whitch motor do you choose in ecalc as a substitute for this motor?
    I chose this motor in ecalc - the Cobra 2814 1700. Obviously without all the mods done by Chris, but should be pretty close. I'm wondering about the torque - the prop might be stalling so much at static that it doesn't even bite enough to roll - we'll see. We'll see if I even get to that prop - I'm going to start with the 7x6 sport and check temperature, ease of launch, amp draw etc. to see how each does. If there are any issues with any of the props along the way (motor coming down hot, too much amperage being put through it, not enough static thrust (stalling) to launch properly etc.) it will stop the testing. It'll be fun if I make it all the way up there and it turns out that it does indeed do 127 flat out...

It will be interesting for me too, as I am going for a setup with massive prop stall. The 2D on vector will help me launch properly I hope. Dont want to use bunge.

Fly,crash,glue,repeat! Jake Bullit's Avatar
    Maidened mine today,flew great. Apologies for the crap editing:

"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Damn dude! That thing really tracks. Well done Jake:-) I will have no winglets on mine either. Your camera is high, but you probably noticed that yourself;-)

My MD is expected to arrive tomorrow. I am very excited.