Thread: The FPV-Rover (completely Printed DIY FPV Tank Platform)

Forum Member

Cool The FPV-Rover (completely Printed DIY FPV Tank Platform)

Heyhey,

After a long time of building it in the basement *g* we proudly presenting:

The FPV Rover v2
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	677 
Size:	435.8 KB 
ID:	69575

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	284 
Size:	716.0 KB 
ID:	69576

Why v2 ? Because the V1 was not rebuildable while the chassis is not longer available (since a really long time^^)

The rover is a Complete 3D Printed 1,5KG Heavy and can be fired up by 2* 2 or 3S lipos

The idea behind the project was to build a rover that everybody around the world with an 3D printer can rebuild (so the most parts are from banggood, they ship for free around the world)

So my big thank to Bimmi from the FPV-Team he found it on our FPV Team Italy Trip on thingiverse :-)

So, here are some facts to it:
    - The chassis is complete ball beared
    - the while chassis (except the gears) are 3D Printed
    - the tread of the chanis are out of Ninjaflex for perfect grip on the street and in the dirt
    - FPV Cam with tilt mechanic (cam has a flipable IR Filterhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqS8-xAuqdU )
    - tilt mechanic is also for the IR LED for a perfect Night fiew
    - Mini FPV cam as Rearvision (if you got stucked and canīt turn around)
    - 2 different bodys for a 2 or a 3S Lipo (i use the 2x2s 2200mAh from Hobbyking)
    - Space for your Video TX and a 5.8GHz CL antenna (and a fan for the v-tx)
    - the roof is mechanical locked with small magnets so it cant open while youīre driving on your roof ;-)
    - over 1 Hour playtime wiht the 2x2200mAh
    - you can power it with 2 or 4 Gear Motors (but i defenently recomend 4^^)

Iīm still writing on an Building log but i think this will take 1 or 2 more weeks ;-)

I made an OSD with PDB, BEC, Currentsens (30A), LC Filter for the V-TX, and a 2 Way switch (copied from JReise) I got my protoype PCB a few days ago but i havnīt found the time to test it :-(
    Iīm going to split the developement of the brain to a nother thread to keep it easier to find infos...
    Here a short peek of the //brain v0.1

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	275.6 KB 
ID:	69577

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	257.4 KB 
ID:	69578
    Hereīs the link to my github with the files for the //Brain

Enough words :-D here are 2 short videos how he performs on the street and in the garden :-)

[u][size=150]

Itīs builded out of a lot of different single pieces :-D you can find all parts here on thingiverse:
    hier auf Thingiverse FPV-Rover.

There are is a list of parts that you will need to build inside the thingiverse description

Hereīs a timelapse from me while building my second rover (okay itīs for my brother)

The rover selve comes from Thingiverse and is called Drogerdy. Markus made a lot of changes on it (bearings, fpv tilt, battery bay, fpv stuff, rearview cam etc...)it tooks some weeks to do that
    So here again, a big Thanks Markus !!!!!
    He also printed mine :-D

I hope that a lot of cool rebuilds and Developements for the rover coming soon :-D

I work on a version of the FPV lasertag that Max developes on Fpvracing.tv Heres his blogentry of that now i try to integrate it nice and clean for the rover :-)

Here are again all links :
    Rover Parts on Thingiverse with material list and an explosion view of the rover to rebuild it http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1240754
    My github with the egle files for the //Brain [BE CAREFUL ITS UNTESTET ALPHA !!!] https://github.com/shortcircuitboards
    Thread for the //Brain http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....d-other-stuff)

If you speak german or not afraid of google translate, hereīs the german thread to the rover: http://fpv-treff.de/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=7615
    and to the //brain : http://fpv-treff.de/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7625

Cheers
    //Moe
    Last edited by //Moe; 19th January 2016 at 07:06 AM. Reason: Link for //Brain developement pasted

Forum Member
    subed, Good looking rover. Hmm can it be water proofed?

Forum Member
    I've heard of ninja flex, the tracks are 100% ninja flex? I wonder how well they will hang in there. If they do it would be sweet to 3D print tracks for other vehicles to FPV with.

Forum Member
    Haven't tried to make it waterproof :-D I think if you remove the cooling exhausts and make a rubbersealing in the lid it should be waterproof :-)

Nope just a little pice of the tracks are made of Ninaflex. The rest out of normal pla. The rubberpart gets glued on the track parts.

Forum Member
    This looks awesome!! Will be following, have been wanting something like this

Forum Member
    This is awesome!... to echo everyone else's opinion. I really need a 3D printer.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by //Moe View Post
    Haven't tried to make it waterproof :-D I think if you remove the cooling exhausts and make a rubbersealing in the lid it should be waterproof :-)

Nope just a little pice of the tracks are made of Ninaflex. The rest out of normal pla. The rubberpart gets glued on the track parts.
    May be better waterproofing the components with a conformal coating. I have used it in the past with great results

Forum Member
    subbed.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMonkey View Post
    This is awesome!... to echo everyone else's opinion. I really need a 3D printer.
    I really need to get my 3d printer running!