Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tonight I got a visit from the FBI

Forum Member

Tonight I got a visit from the FBI

Deleted
    Last edited by gobigdale; 14th January 2016 at 10:45 PM. Reason: per Scott

Forum Member
    How did the FBI agent end up at your door? I've also had a couple FBI agents arrive at my door, questioning me about a complaint filed by a company that works in the defense industry. Apparently a fixed wing aircraft had flown over their office buildings and they decided to call the FBI. I still don't know how or why the agents came to my door.

Its unnerving at first, but I was open and honest and nothing came from it. Its funny as they asked me directly if I was an agent of a foreign government. This blew my mind, but I suppose they were just doing their job. One of the agents even let out a laugh after the question was asked.

Anyways, I showed them what I was working on and my work bench and we discussed how things worked and they seemed pretty interested.

I think the main thing you can take away from things like this is that if you've done nothing wrong and have nothing to hide, its best to just be upfront and forthcoming with your answers to questions. As gobigdale says, don't do stupid shit, and don't fly in places you know you shouldn't.

Forum Member
    deleted
    Last edited by gobigdale; 14th January 2016 at 10:46 PM.

Forum Member
    Deleted.
    Last edited by Scotttu; 14th January 2016 at 11:31 PM.
    "Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills"- Author unknown

KF7TRX

Forum Member
    So you're okay with being pulled up as a suspect after someone else flies over military airspace, just because you fly RC planes and happen to live nearby?

Can't you see the problem here?
    FPVTV : http://www.fpvtv.co.uk
    Into The Into The Blue Blog : www.intothebluefpv.co.uk

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gobigdale View Post
    Guess you don't have to register with the FAA for the government to be able to hunt you down...
    No kidding, that's why I have to chuckle about all of those who are so paranoid over registering with the FAA, but have no problems with plastering videos of themselves doing stupid on YouTube.

It's incredibly easy to track someone down and the Feds and a lot of the locals have the patience and tools to do it.

Wayne
    Everybody loves a bunny.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    So you're okay with being pulled up as a suspect after someone else flies over military airspace, just because you fly RC planes and happen to live nearby?

Can't you see the problem here?
    There is no problem, the FBI guys are just doing their job chasing down leads.

Wayne
    Everybody loves a bunny.

So every time there's a problem we can expect a visit? (because we registered).

I had the FBI at my door once, rudest authority figures I ever met, you guys are wayyyyyyyyyyy to forgiving.

So I had to wonder what's around Gig Harbour (I used to live in Seattle) and the only thing I see is McChord, so why are they going to Gig Harbour to talk to you?
    Why did they come to you?
    Are your aircraft registered with the Feds?

Not enough info in the OP's post, it might as well be a fear based ad for the FAA.
    Locals Only Brah.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 33db View Post
    I had the FBI at my door once, rudest authority figures I ever met, you guys are wayyyyyyyyyyy to forgiving.
    I received a call from them once after a threat was called into a local station that resulted in shutting down every school and a few public buildings in Broward and the guy was very professional and non-threatening, he just wanted some details about a video I produced a year earlier, which I provided and that was the end of it.

Wayne
    Everybody loves a bunny.

Quote Originally Posted by Channel 1 View Post
    I received a call from them once after a threat was called into a local station that resulted in shutting down every school and a few public buildings in Broward and the guy was very professional and non-threatening, he just wanted some details about a video I produced a year earlier, which I provided and that was the end of it.

Wayne
    Yeah Wayne? Maybe it has to do with why they are there.... ya think?

I have always wondered why people seem to have such different experiences with the cops from mine.

I guess I could blame myself and my own attitude right? But that doesn't account for a lot of the "authority figure" responses I've seen personally, and some of you have seen in video.

I've been robbed by the police, I got beaten by 2 police for asking "Why am I under arrest" No shit.. that's all I did that night "why am I arrested" "stfu" *bam*.
    I had the FBI at my door threatening the other people in the house before I even got to the door to see why they were there.
    No respect from these people, my experience led me to some rules.

#1 Never volunteer information
    #2 Never let them in your house...EVER (unless they have a warrant and can force the issue)
    #3 never call them for help unless it's serious enough, and you have no other choices.

Just my luck I guess, I have a knack for finding the worst of humanity.

I would wager I have had a lot more interactions with the "authorities" than most of you.
    Locals Only Brah.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast