Page 510 of 560 FirstFirst ... 10410460500508509510511512520 ... LastLast
Results 5,091 to 5,100 of 5594

Thread: Molded Ritewing Drak Build & Info place

Forum Member
    You sure you don't have a mounting screw (motor mount) threaded into one of the motor leads, inside the motor? The fact that it's inconsistent leads me away from my first thought after the first spin up, which was a loose or misplaced magnet. Because the 2nd time you didn't have that issue, I don't think it could be that.

I would first simply plug in a different ESC - any ESC... That will tell you right there if it happens again, then it's certainly the motor. If it doesn't happen at all, then it's certainly the ESC. If you think it's the ESC, plug that ESC into a different motor and see if that motor now suddenly has an issue. Sounds like the timing is off, but hard to really tell what's going on. Plug a different one in though and you'll know right away.

Forum Member
    I would think its the esc settings. I had to program mine to work. Unfortunately its such a long time ago that I dont remember the details.

Forum Member
    Agree 100% on the troubleshooting approach. + I'd check the motor/esc connectors for a reliable contact. Once I had very non-consistent weird behaving motor just because of the slightly loose plug.

Forum Member
    I had a motor do this after it had been in use for awhile... eventually it burned out. My guess is you have a winding that is getting close to shorting- perhaps intermittent right now but eventually it will give out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Forum Member
    Very easy to tell where the problem is by plugging in another ESC.

Plug in another ESC - same problem?: motor is the problem.

Plug in another ESC - no problem?: ESC is the problem. Plug different motor into ESC and see what happens. If nothing, probably programming. If same think as drak motor, probably faulty.

Once you know what device is causing it, then you can troubleshoot properly. If it's the motor, before removing the motor from the mount, undo the little grub screw from the shaft nut so you can pull the bell off the motor. That way, you can check screws before backing them out and possibly making it harder to discover if the screws are embedding in the silicone of the leads. If not that, then you can remove the motor for close inspection of windings and anything else.

If it's the ESC, obviously reprogram. You can via stick menu I believe, but cobra also sells a device to flash them with. If changing ESC settings solves it, great. If not, there's probably something wrong with it, obviously.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ritewing View Post
    If its red its this one in yelowAttachment 72172 if black is the otherAttachment 72173
    Esc manuals

Forum Member
    What timing do you guys use on the ESC?

Forum Member
    happy new yer to all to!

i know this problem with other esc/Motor combo. the easy way to solve this problem, make delay about 1 second for rising throttle (at transmitter), maybe 0,5s will be enough. you have to test it.
    the other way changing to other esc. or other motor. they don´t work 100% harmonic together by this fast speedup.
    at some esc. you can set the speed to power up, use slower method, maybe middle instead of fast etc.

Sepp

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Håvard Støre View Post
    What timing do you guys use on the ESC?
    I'm honestly not positive. I'm stock - whatever that is.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
    I'm honestly not positive. I'm stock - whatever that is.
    I had to change the timing on mine. Cant remember what I changed it to, and its to late in the evening to rev up the motor. Chris recommends 8, but I am not sure thats where I ended up.