verry nice Flight.

Sepp

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Håvard Støre View Post
    Great stuff mr. Duty:-) Exciting as hell
    Quote Originally Posted by InvertedG-Force View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by satsepp View Post
    verry nice Flight.Sepp
    Thank you, guys, I really do appreciate it. I just wish I could have enjoyed that flight more.

Navigator
    Yeah that was a bit harry.....I kept saying there's the ground, go down,go down, what are you doing,awe man U missed it!! Glad you landed safe.

Navigator
    i have similar experiance about 2 years ago, startet at fat fog in hope to geht above the fog nice sun flight. But the lens get full with water and i had no view and only grey with osd.
    my spotter although only can hear the plane and see nothing.
    And i started inside forrest at smal street only. So i had to land by sound and instruments only, that was verry scarry situation but i hit the street and all was fine.
    After flight i asced me how can i be so stupid to start inside thick fog with about 30 meter sight.

Sepp

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Cymbilant View Post
    ...I kept saying there's the ground, go down,go down, what are you doing,awe man U missed it!! ....
    Yeah I was like, I can put down here....no... I'm too far out... I want to try to get back home. I knew I had that in my back pocket, that I could fly back out to where it was clear if I had to but I really wanted to land near 'home'.

Funny thing is, the live feed was SO much more poor. When I viewed the HD footage I was thinking, "what was the problem?" Holes in the clouds there....road over here...nice looking field over yonder...but when you're under the hood and stressed that road looked like a passing ghost and when I was in the clear I kept looking at the distance and not wanting to put it down way out there. I wish I had flown under the clouds more. Oh well. That was literally my 1st exposure to that kind of situation.

A harrowing tale, Maj. Enjoyed the video, glad all parts came back to the truck together.
    "That aircraft is nothing but a bunch of spare parts flying in close formation!"

Did you hit a fence there when you landed? Looks like it bounced backwards after landing.

Navigator
    I could not find any damage on the airplane so I think it bounced back from plowing into the heavy grass and nosing in. The nose was muddy. I forced it down. If it caught that pole it was on the very tip of the wing where I have cut in half verts there to protect the wing tips but they look intact so Idk wtf

Navigator
    Well just a quick update I have had 4 successful flights since the fateful death spiral maiden. Unfortunately I don't have any video as I switched over to the head play HD goggles and dont have the hd cam mounted up yet. I decided to scrap the 4s batts I was going to run, to the recommended 5s setup but batts were scarce so I went with 6s 8000's. I am still on the recommended 1.5" cg location. I have got the vector behaving nicely in 2d hold, reset vectors level mounting in the air it holds altitude and wings level with the horizon AHI. Oh and I chose to land and then include trims into vector. I am not man enough to carry balls the size required to actually be capable of in-flight programming!! It is actually a well behaved plane.....minus the death spiral of course, but it doesnt have any bad tendencies. I have noticed I actually have to hold down elevator because it wants to climb, in manual mode of course. And because when we set the vector level mounting we had it at cruise speed for straight and level flight. So higher throttle position causes it to climb. I estimate about 40 minutes of flight time,I have only flown for 17 minutes at a time and typically use about 4000 mah hours.

Navigator
    Hello Drak owners, and happy new year.

Me and my dad are having an issue with his Drak in that it emits a high pitch squeal at full throttle and the motor stop spinning. It has done this occasionally since day 1, but would normally do it once when you turn it on, and then never agin for that battery cycle. It's got to the stage where it now seems to do it every time, and also the motor spinning sounds a bit rough compared to its normal smoothness. I spoke to Chris on email and he has been very quick in providing help and advice, but unfortunately we still haven't managed to resolve the issue.

Chris advised to reprogram the ESC and set the motor timing to 8 or less, and set the start up strength to the lowest. We did this and it still has the same issue

Does anyone else have any experience with this? The setup is a Ritewing motor esc combo (85a ESC), and an APC 11x7 prop, running 5S. Video below shows the issue:

Thanks everyone