Page 355 of 559 FirstFirst ... 255305345353354355356357365405455 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,550 of 5585

Thread: Molded Ritewing Drak Build & Info place

Hmerly, you run vector with the pitot/airspeed sensor? If you do not have an airspeed sensor, or if it is not funtiining properly, and you have the options in Vector checked to get speed from the pitot, you'll see the symptoms you described.

A thought.
    "That aircraft is nothing but a bunch of spare parts flying in close formation!"

Quote Originally Posted by Shifteer View Post
    I actually had a beautiful perfect landing. I needed that whole field just to slow down! For some reason my Runcam turns off after the file size reaches 2 GB -- something i have to troubleshoot.

Yes I'm flying in Toronto. It's very flat but mostly because I'm right next to Lake Ontario. There are a few hills east on the water, then further west and north but the only real hills are over an hour away. As far as I'm aware, I'm allowed to fly even FPV in Toronto as long as I stay low and within LOS.

Here's what the east side of the city looks like (I live on the west side):

Sweet!!
    I need to hang out in T for a couple days. I only ever get to see the airport as a layover between Windsor and Frankfurt.

Windsor would have some great flying areas. I'd totally fly over the river and Belle Isle just for fun.

Also, wouldn't it be way easier just to fly out of Detroit? I'm originally from Windsor myself.

Instructor Pilot
    Mini progress

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ritewing; 14th April 2016 at 10:12 AM.

Navigator
    Her onother 10x Timelapse of flying with drak with almoast full throttle flown. Speed about 120-150kmh

Sepp

Perhaps someone on here can help me. A fellow Drak owner informed me that my CC 75AMP ESC was not correctly programmed for the CC Motor which is why it was giving me that audible pulsating noise during the launch. From everyone's experience on here could you please confirm and assist. Will i need to buy the programmer for the CC ESC to change the timing on the ESC?

Quote Originally Posted by Phillips942 View Post

Perhaps someone on here can help me. A fellow Drak owner informed me that my CC 75AMP ESC was not correctly programmed for the CC Motor which is why it was giving me that audible pulsating noise during the launch. From everyone's experience on here could you please confirm and assist. Will i need to buy the programmer for the CC ESC to change the timing on the ESC?
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=CC+ESC+programming
    LOL
    Check the first hit, the pdf manual. You can program it with the transmitter

Is there anyone flying the Drak without a flight controller and instead use a standard OSD setup? I have a Vector (my first) but with the amount of traveling that I do for work limits my ability to fly this thing before the end of summer because of the necessary test & tune required. Part of me wants to wait and experience the Drak with the vector and part of me wants to slap and OSD in this thing and fly it now. What would you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Twawsi View Post
    Is there anyone flying the Drak without a flight controller and instead use a standard OSD setup? I have a Vector (my first) but with the amount of traveling that I do for work limits my ability to fly this thing before the end of summer because of the necessary test & tune required. Part of me wants to wait and experience the Drak with the vector and part of me wants to slap and OSD in this thing and fly it now. What would you do?
    You can install the vector and just not use any of the flight modes. It'll just pass your controls right through to the plane and give you a fantastic osd. Then, you'll realize that it's just the flip of a switch to go into stabilized mode and very easy to tune. I know there have been some woes in here, but don't let it discourage you. It also makes setting a video system up crayola simple - literally plug in the servo connectors for the camera and vtx and it works. If tuning it is really worrying you, then don't until you have time... Just fly in manual like you don't have a controller in and enjoy the sick osd.

#1 We do not abuse let me google that for you: http://bfy.tw/5Gt0

#2 We all start that by flying the Vector with no assist. Then you get 3 mistakes high, flip the 2D switch and see what happens...

If you're using a Taranis, I've found this video to be invaluable:
    Last edited by Shifteer; 14th April 2016 at 02:16 PM.