Page 157 of 559 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167207257 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 5585

Thread: Molded Ritewing Drak Build & Info place

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Håvard Støre View Post
    I use HobbyKing colored wing tape. It comes is 24 and 45mm width and different colors. Weighs next to nothing. A really good paint job is nicer than the tape though. The tape is not completely opaque.
    K. Thx. So it would be what HK calls "wing tape". A self-adhesive tape (as opposed to heat activated). I suppose it can't be used on the fuselage . Kross, thanks for the pointers.

It wasn't so much the sourcing aspect as the adhesive type which I was concerned about. North of the border, I've found a plethora of very high visibility tapes at HoopTapesCanada. The holographic tape samples I got are pretty neat.

Though someone mentioned that since this was an FPV wing, you wouldn't see much of it while flying, before getting to the FPV enabled flight, there's the maiden, trimming and LOS flights that precede. I need ALL the help I can get to see it in flight.

It's the self-adhesive aspect that concerns me. I've read the paint/laminate/colour tape covering order. I've done laminate and XXXKote in the past. Heat activated adhesive holds well. Self stick? I guess time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetieinsf View Post
    Drak has lights! Flush mounted inlaid RGB LEDs!
    Attachment 70609
    Oh come on man! You know we want to see them lit up!

Quote Originally Posted by DRhone View Post
    It's the self-adhesive aspect that concerns me. I've read the paint/laminate/colour tape covering order. I've done laminate and XXXKote in the past. Heat activated adhesive holds well. Self stick? I guess time will tell.
    If its anything like the HK wing tape it will never peel off. You are however limited by the width of the tapes available and can only use it on places without much compound curves. The reason for using tapes is of course lightness, economy, simplicity and less chance off screw ups than with paint. I do however admit that paint looks better if done right.

Have a look at my Z3 build with wing tape... The checkered pattern was put on before lamination. Most other places I used tape on top of the lam.

Beautiful work HS but there is not enough patience left in eternity for me to be able to do that kind of work.

Quote Originally Posted by Twawsi View Post
    Beautiful work HS but there is not enough patience left in eternity for me to be able to do that kind of work.
    Thanks, but never mind the checkered pattern and all. Its very time consuming and maybe even a bit difficult. A lot can be done with just simple stripes and rectangles.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Håvard Støre View Post
    If its anything like the HK wing tape it will never peel off.
    Have a look at my Z3 build with wing tape...
    Thank you again. Your videos are very informative. Interesting here is that "checkered pattern was put on before lamination". Evidently, the self-adhesive tape has not been an issue in either adhesion or heat resistance (when ironing on the laminate). I had contemplated applying the laminate over the decorative tape if only to protect it but doing so relies on the self-adhesive instead of the laminate's adhesive.

Quote Originally Posted by DRhone View Post
    Thank you again. Your videos are very informative. Interesting here is that "checkered pattern was put on before lamination". Evidently, the self-adhesive tape has not been an issue in either adhesion or heat resistance
    If to much heat is applied the wing tape will shrink under the laminate. This is not a problem once you have the heat dialed in.

Looking forward to seeing some more maidens in this thread. I would also like to see some proper non maiden flights.
    Last edited by Håvard Støre; 21st February 2016 at 11:36 AM.

Navigator
    Here is some hands launches, and a crazy landing!

https://youtu.be/4HWKA_m6C1s

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by DEMO7 View Post
    Here is some hands launches, and a crazy landing!

https://youtu.be/4HWKA_m6C1s
    Jeff that landing was spot on beautiful bro!

What is the length and thread of the plastic thumb screws?
    What is the matching recessed nut call?
    I'd like to get spares and for other builds.

TIA
    Matrix-S (Naza-M V2) | IRC XuGong V2 Pro (MiniX) | Armattan FPV Rev2 453mm (MiniX) | QAV500 V2 540mm (Pixhawk) | pendings: PMG Recon (Pixhawk) | Ritewing Drak (Pixhawk)