Page 476 of 560 FirstFirst ... 376426466474475476477478486526 ... LastLast
Results 4,751 to 4,760 of 5594

Thread: Molded Ritewing Drak Build & Info place

I often find that you need to toss your girlfriend/mother from higher elevations to really get the intended effect!

Hi:-)
    Forget about ramps, etc. The Drak is easy to launch when set up correctly.
    First. You need to get the correct ESC settings for your particular motor. The SS motor is very particular when it comes to timing.

When launching grab the Drak by the nose, but from the side. Thumb on top, and four fingers on the bottom. Use grip tape. Full throttle and guide it up and out.
    Last edited by Håvard Støre; 26th August 2016 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Torell View Post
    Hello Guys,

would gather some information about the general weight of your draks.
    I tried to maiden my one yesterday and it didn't go well...
    There are several reasons for that...esc quits at high peaks (def. not flyable like this)..the Tossing of my girlfriend/mother was not
    the strongest...but at the end i have the feeling that the drak def. needs a very strong and trained tosser or a ramp installation
    to get my drak with an 5S 10A Setup and 3,6 Kilo Weight. Do you have similar setups or a similar expierience?

There are Videos on the net with guys handlaunching that thing and throwing it up in the air...i have big hands but absolutely no chance to make this without hurting myself
    or the plane!=)

Cheers,
    Tom
    Hey Torell,

I think your weight is in the ballpark of what it should be with a 10Ah battery. Yes, if thrown at an incorrect angle it will end badly. I used to hand launch out in front by holding the top side of the nose (lid in between thumb and index fingers), but found it to be inconsistent and had failures at the rate of about 1 in every 5 or so launches. I've since moved to an overhand throw, more like a baseball or football, and haven't had a failure since. If you can grab it and pick it up by the bottom of the fuse / nose, then you can launch it this way. It seems heavy at first, but once the throttle picks up it gets lighter and lighter to the point where you actually have to hold it back as the thrust has overcome the weight. From there it's really just guiding it and giving it a little help. It takes off like a jet and is pretty consistent from my experience so far. Obviously, you can't go wrong with a bungee if that's the direction you're headed.
    Last edited by Hoss; 26th August 2016 at 12:05 PM.

Navigator
    Only issue I have is when there is no wind at all, all others situations, just let her go and she is listening.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MotoG3 met Tapatalk

Navigator
    wow thats a good amount of thrust...i really have to check my settings...i dont have the feeling to have the similiar amount of thrust like you have. Thatswhy i was
    asking for your weights...its still a long way but however, i will patent the propeller protection kit for terrified girlfriends...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2085.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	369.2 KB 
ID:	74055

Navigator
    terrified girlfriends...Click image for larger version. 

wow thats a good amount of thrust...i really have to check my settings...i dont have the feeling to have the similiar amount of thrust like you have. Thatswhy i was
    asking for your weights...its still a long way but however, i will patent the propeller protection kit for terrified girlfriends...Click image for larger version. 

Hahaha. That's awesome.

Look man, if your hands can grab the fuse, you're probably better off throwing yourself using one of the described methods.

What's your thrust / weight ratio? If you hold it vertically and throttle up (baring any esc issues) does it want to rise? The stock power setup has a good deal more thrust than the typical weight, so everyone is basing their advice around that. But if you've got a different setup and aren't getting even near 1:1, you might have more issues than launching technique... What's your power setup?

Navigator
    The Ratio is one of my points on the list..first of all i have to figure out the timing issues with my 80A ESC. I had long conversations with chris and others about it. I will go
    to my hobbydealer who sold the esc to me and check out if its the appropiate Setting for the Ritewing Motor, after solving that ill go ahead to check the t/w ratio and the cg.

I had a little facepalm moment after realising that i just checked the one-hand-tossing method without a supporting motor!
    Maybe thats the reason it seemed so impossible to me..=) #iamdumb

Well there's your problem right there! You're launching it in the wrong direction! Sorry couldn't resist.

Navigator
    I told her twice but you know how girls are...