Page 416 of 560 FirstFirst ... 316366406414415416417418426466516 ... LastLast
Results 4,151 to 4,160 of 5594

Thread: Molded Ritewing Drak Build & Info place

Quote Originally Posted by garellano View Post
    Is there a GPS option for planes that is recommended. In case mine gets lost I want to be able to track it. thanks
    Tbeacon. Just got mine setup. As far as the GPS goes, it's tapped into the eagle tree vector GPS puck.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
    I'm possibly going to give the sideways throw (Maj. Duty style) a shot and see how that does.
    This has crossed my mind too. Even for my maiden, but didn't. I've held it many of times and went threw the discus toss motion. I'm liking the dolly idea more and more, I've got a fairly easy build in my head out of pvc. And I think I could build it to prevent what happened to the guy in the video, the prop hitting the rail on lift off.

Quote Originally Posted by InvertedG-Force View Post
    This has crossed my mind too. Even for my maiden, but didn't. I've held it many of times and went threw the discus toss motion. I'm liking the dolly idea more and more, I've got a fairly easy build in my head out of pvc. And I think I could build it to prevent what happened to the guy in the video, the prop hitting the rail on lift off.
    As long as you have a good amount of space with nice, level turf where it's not going to bump itself off, it should work. If your hands are big enough to get a good grip of the bottom of the fuse, the baseball throw is pretty fool-proof. If you're worried, just throw it harder

Navigator
    Is tbeacon a separate option ?

Navigator
    Does the GPS on the Eagle Vector allow you to track also ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
    As long as you have a good amount of space with nice, level turf where it's not going to bump itself off, it should work. If your hands are big enough to get a good grip of the bottom of the fuse, the baseball throw is pretty fool-proof. If you're worried, just throw it harder
    I can grip it pretty good ill probably try the discus toss first. But yea, I live in Kansas. It's flat, and the main place I fly is off of a 1500ft grass private runway.

Quote Originally Posted by garellano View Post
    Is tbeacon a separate option ?
    Yea. Tbeacon.org, pretty sweat device.

The problem with the vector GPS is if you lose video you'll lose your GPS coordinates. Plus you'd need/want a dvr to go back to pause it to enter the coordinates in your phone. The tbeacon will tell you the coordinates through a handheld transceiver after you call it.

I just replaced my 1.3 video antennas from Bluebeam to DL vertical dipole and just wondering maybe some of you have an idea how to put it onto the verts in a removable way for disassembly and transportation. Or maybe there is a better place for it... Thanks.
    Last edited by tibor; 6th June 2016 at 02:24 PM.

Navigator
    Telemetry on my pixhawk shows me live the track I'm flying in the missionplanner on Google map. It runs on Both my phone and laptop. With crash detection on, the engine will stop automaticly. Just sure FS works, on First flight. See screenshots of my First crash, knew excactly where she was swimming

Quote Originally Posted by RicoFrico View Post
    Telemetry on my pixhawk shows me live the track I'm flying in the missionplanner on Google map. It runs on Both my phone and laptop. With crash detection on, the engine will stop automaticly. Just sure FS works, on First flight. See screenshots of my First crash, knew excactly where she was swimming
    Did you lose video signal though? And at what range did this happen? You can use vector and eagle eyes to track your flight.. But my understanding with it is when you lose video you lost the tracking..?!