Page 307 of 560 FirstFirst ... 207257297305306307308309317357407 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,070 of 5594

Thread: Molded Ritewing Drak Build & Info place

It's not an exact science and there's no formula from what I understand. A motor has three wires, and a 12 pole motor can have either 12, 13 or 14 magnets and few or many stators. A 14 pole can have 14, 15 or 16 magnets. If you find a good explanation or possibly a formula, I'd like to learn it. To this day I haven't been able to find one.

Aha! I did seem to find something consistent across motors. So, I actually should've said 14 earlier rather than 12 - I have another motor that is near identical (without all the mods that Chris put into his obviously), but it's a 3515, just with a higher kv. It's got 12 stators and I mistakenly read that as poles on the site. Anyway, to get to my finding - 14 pole motors will have 28 "clicks" throughout a full rotation - makes sense when you think about it. It's actually 28 poles in any real sense, but the way they're aligned and the way we use them in rc, we call them basically half of the physical poles that exist. I'm still learning about that one, but what I do know is that all my 14 pole motors click 28 times along a full rotation. You can feel the positive click, then the negative slide, positive click, negative slide, that's simply the best way I can describe it. It's probably the opposite force I'm feeling (push and pull), but that doesn't really matter and you get the picture. Anyway, need to find poles for a motor for which you have no specs? Carefully count the movements of a single rotation and cut that number in half.
    Last edited by Hoss; 23rd March 2016 at 12:34 AM. Reason: Ooo

Navigator
    I noticed on mine a small click then a more pronounced bigger magnetic bump. I dismissed the small one and counted only the big one and got 14. I guess it's really 28. Hmm

Quote Originally Posted by Maj.Duty View Post
    I noticed on mine a small click then a more pronounced bigger magnetic bump. I dismissed the small one and counted only the big one and got 14. I guess it's really 28. Hmm
    Yeah, one is positive, the other negative. The pronounced bump is probably the magnet resisting, and the less pronounced one would be the magnet attracting. At least that's what I read and feel.

I guess it would be easier to just count one set - the most pronounced, as they're the easiest to detect. Should provide the same results.

Navigator
    There's a very new "Practical Guide to Multicopters" online and the section on motors is as detailed as I've ever seen. I learned quite a bit. Here's the link to the motor section, and there's a link on all the motor pages to get to the main index. As it's so new it's still a work in progress, but if the rest turns out as good as the motor info it will be excellent.

Navigator
    As Goop is not available in my country I have been trying to find an online supplier who will ship this product outside of the US, so far without success. Anyone have a suggestion? If not, is there an alternative product that will do the same job? How many 3.7oz tubes do I need for the Drak build?

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehari View Post
    As Goop is not available in my country I have been trying to find an online supplier who will ship this product outside of the US, so far without success. Anyone have a suggestion? If not, is there an alternative product that will do the same job? How many 3.7oz tubes do I need for the Drak build?
    Shoe Goo is the same and available in lots of places, sometimes goop is marketed as E-6000 as well, all the same stuff.

Failing that, UHU or Selleys All fix are similar.

Navigator
    Number of Poles = Number of magnets Count them and ya have your pole count.

Number of "clicks" per turn is determined by how many magnets line up with stator windings, so for some configurations of motor pole/stator you can have multiple magnets lining up with multiple sections of stator giving a "click", It has nothing to do with anything (I remember one guy trying to tell me it had heaps of compression, or the magnetic equivalent of compression, so had more power )

As an example - this is a 14pole motor, which some would describe as 14p12s (12 stator "tooth")
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NS_magnete.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	19.8 KB 
ID:	71314  
    Last edited by Jacko; 23rd March 2016 at 06:19 AM.

Navigator
    i bought at ebay goop marine: http://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_from=...arine&_sacat=0
    its availabe UK, Germany and other countrys. altough amaozan you can buy it.

you need 2 tubes.

Sepp

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehari View Post
    I order here: http://www.palmermetals.co.uk/shop/m...cartridge.html fair price and shipping.
    A DrakMaster can never have enough GOOOOOOOP

ps reveal your location in your profile as it might be not applicable when you live in India or China.