Page 291 of 560 FirstFirst ... 191241281289290291292293301341391 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,910 of 5594

Thread: Molded Ritewing Drak Build & Info place

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by RicoFrico View Post
    Another perky Drak
    An she took a bath at the end
    No damage still have to analyze the log file why she didn't listen.
    did you have a Video about the flight?
    at eastern i planed to fly close to big lake, and mybe i want to fly a round outside the lake or mybe close to shore and are a little worry that my drak take a bath.
    So every birds like sometimes taking a bath
    The lake is 3,6km long and 1,7km wide so it will be a long turn to fly any round about the lake

Sepp

Quote Originally Posted by Maj.Duty View Post
    As usual, great video and thank you for sharing. Wish I could fly with you all.

Rep, nice fix. A little lam and paint or some vinyl and it will pass for new.

On that Z, did you move the batteries from the wing to the bay?

I see a Sabre in that picture!
    Good eye on the Sabre! the big wing is a TBRC 60 - the batts go in the wings.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by satsepp View Post
    did you have a Video about the flight?
    at eastern i planed to fly close to big lake, and mybe i want to fly a round outside the lake or mybe close to shore and are a little worry that my drak take a bath.
    So every birds like sometimes taking a bath
    The lake is 3,6km long and 1,7km wide so it will be a long turn to fly any round about the lake

Sepp
    Saddly no video the plane only a replay on GoogleEarth. But she likes to swim. And as long as the telemetry is working, you can find her.

Navigator
    YES!

FINALLY!

Jeez....

Quote Originally Posted by Maj.Duty View Post
    YES!

FINALLY!

Jeez....
    Don't be vaguebooking in here.

Navigator
    I'll give all the details after this appt I have to go to. For now, the system is finally working. Yay

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
    I just found what you're probably taking about -

"if you add advanced readouts to the display screen that are not available on the basic readouts menu, problems can occur if you try to add additional readouts later using the basic menu"

It won't allow (or may not allow) readouts to be added if you use the advanced, then basic. I don't use advanced readouts, so I've never personally seen it. The basic menu is perfectly fine to use if you just want basic stuff, speed, heading, voltage and amperage, mah used, modes and distances, but it seems if you want the fancy stuff, don't use both, only advanced.
    Wonder what "issues" this can cause....

Edit - answered in later post.
    Last edited by Scotch; 17th March 2016 at 01:17 PM.

Navigator
    I noticed and it was also pointed out to me that my DL Tx GUI showed 12 channels while my Rx PPM was set to 8 channels. I never changed anything in DL so these were the settings out of the box. I set them both to 8 channels but the problem persisted. I would have been a little surprised if that was the problem because I imagined it like having a 6 channel receiver yet using only 4 of the channels but then again that might be apples and oranges, hardware vs. software. Nevertheless it didn't fix the problem.

I then performed a factory reset on my flight controller, started with a new model in my transmitter and basically started all over again with all default settings. That didn't fix the problem either and in fact seemed only to exasperate the problem.

Then the magic suggested came from Sweetieinsf from across the street. He said "Set the DL RX to Sbus-Inv, rebind, set the Vector to Sbus, rerun the RX Wizard and retest. That should eliminate PPM frame error issues"

So that's what I did - changed from PPM to S-BUS inv and wham, problem solved. Even my servos are quieter. They used to chatter a little bit not receiving any signals now they are dead quiet. I ran the system for another 20 minutes non-stop, motor off, motor on with varying RPM and holding full control inputs, and stirring the sticks and not one time did the system so much as blink.

When this endeavor started I didn't know the difference between PPM, PWM, S-BUS....inverted S-BUS. I learned that PPM is analog and S-BUS is digital and also has lower latency so it has me wondering why anyone is bothering with PPM since it is an older protocol.

I also learned "the Vector uses regular Sbus but there is a bug in the DL firmware that has Sbus and inverted Sbus "inverted" Just be aware of that down the road so when they fix it and you update the FW you will need to change the DL RX to regular Sbus."

And: "...there was a PPM-glitch problem reported by a few users in (DL) firmware version 2.4
    I highly suggest to use the latest beta."

I thought I had the latest firmware but apparently there is at least an updated beta version. With my system finally working I'm a little reluctant to change anything now but I suppose updating the firmware again is generally good practice.

So that's my story hopefully it helps somebody else someday and hopefully (my) future posts will be more about FLYING!

Glad you got it sorted. Are you using Dragon Link V3? Making me glad I decided to hold off until all the promised functionality and integration comes to fruition. Now get out and fly!!!

Navigator
    Yup, DL V3. I'm the guinea pig. Working great now. I guess we will see!