Page 554 of 560 FirstFirst ... 54454504544552553554555556 ... LastLast
Results 5,531 to 5,540 of 5594

Thread: Molded Ritewing Drak Build & Info place

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Azsweetwater2011 View Post
    Extended wings coming along well.

Why is the whiskey always gone?
    Just noticed this pic..why do you have 2 servos for the elevons?

Is it because your wings are extended?

Sorry i'm still learning about fixed wings.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 39LineFPV View Post
    Just noticed this pic..why do you have 2 servos for the elevons?

Is it because your wings are extended?

Sorry i'm still learning about fixed wings.
    Yes those are the extended wings, i am using 2 servos one will function as elevon the other will serve as a spoiler when combined with the Vector FC.

Forum Member
    Thats really cool...but what does the spoiler do?

Forum Member
    Helps to scrub airspeed during landing. The spoilers go up causing the nose to pitch up, the FC sees it isn't flying level so drops the elevons. They are causing drag which slows the craft down during flight as well as during landing

Forum Member
    Caution needs to be used so as not to drop too much speed and fall out of the sky lol

Forum Member
    Ah that's awesome very trick, thanks for the reply ASW2011

Forum Member
    I'm not sure with the spoiler and such, but with the regular wings, if you drop below 27mph, you drop a wingtip and go into a spiral that I have yet to see anyone recover from. I've seen guys with several hundred feet of altitude go in hard after not being able to recover, but having enough time to try just about everything - increase throttle, decrease throttle, throw the elevons the other way, throw them in the direction of travel, and just about every combo of that. Just be careful. I just laminate the underside of the nose and come in at about 35mph, ride it out until at about 28 - 27 it just drops. But by then you're inches off the ground and it's a nice landing.

Scott

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
    I'm not sure with the spoiler and such, but with the regular wings, if you drop below 27mph, you drop a wingtip and go into a spiral that I have yet to see anyone recover from. I've seen guys with several hundred feet of altitude go in hard after not being able to recover, but having enough time to try just about everything - increase throttle, decrease throttle, throw the elevons the other way, throw them in the direction of travel, and just about every combo of that. Just be careful. I just laminate the underside of the nose and come in at about 35mph, ride it out until at about 28 - 27 it just drops. But by then you're inches off the ground and it's a nice landing.

Scott
    Myself i haven't flown it like this, i've only seen the Drak almost stop just before landing and settle down in about 5feet on the ground using them as spoilers. I am anxious to try as desert landings are rough on everything.

Forum Member
    I was starting to paint the fuse today and thought i'd better stick the bungee skid on first.

Hope this isn't a dumb question, but should i shave the moulded nub off and goop the skid down where that was?

Or can the skid be gooped behind it?

Personally i think i should shave the moulded mound off first and goop the bungee skid where that once resided?

EDIT-Putting the bungee skid/hook behind it looks a little too far back..just thought i'd post here before i put the knife to it. :P

Last edited by 39LineFPV; 6th June 2018 at 08:39 AM.

Forum Member
    Gotta put a blade to it.....
    Quote Originally Posted by 39LineFPV View Post
    I was starting to paint the fuse today and thought i'd better stick the bungee skid on first.

Hope this isn't a dumb question, but would i shave the moulded nub off and goop the skid down where that was?

Or can the skid be gooped behind it?

Personally i think i should shave the moulded mound off first and goop the bungee skid where that once resided?

EDIT-Putting the bungee skid/hook behind it looks a little too far back..just thought i'd post here before i put the knife to it.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk