Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shendrones Tweaker 180 or Sigan 180?

Navigator

Shendrones Tweaker 180 or Sigan 180?

Hey Guys!

ive done a lot if research cause i wanna build a 180 quadcopter now!

So there are two specific frames i will choose between and i really dont know which.
    Both got great reviews and many happy owners... So.. Maybe ill finde the final decision with your help:

My plan is to have an agile and strong 4S FPV setup. Would you take:

* the Sigan 180 - possible to fly with 4s but not able to mount 2 Motors like you would on a 250..

* the Shendrones Tweaker in the FPV edition - not so pretty but sturdy with 4mm carbon plate and able to handle bigger motors.

Thanks for your time,
    Philip

Navigator
    It doesn't look like you can go wrong either way.

Navigator
    Okay..thanks for the opinion!

Then it will be the tweaker, i think... Has the better layout for my special plans concerning the fpv camera...

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Flippertribe View Post
    Hey Guys!

ive done a lot if research cause i wanna build a 180 quadcopter now!

So there are two specific frames i will choose between and i really dont know which.
    Both got great reviews and many happy owners... So.. Maybe ill finde the final decision with your help:

My plan is to have an agile and strong 4S FPV setup. Would you take:

* the Sigan 180 - possible to fly with 4s but not able to mount 2 Motors like you would on a 250..

* the Shendrones Tweaker in the FPV edition - not so pretty but sturdy with 4mm carbon plate and able to handle bigger motors.

Thanks for your time,
    Philip
    You can also try the one that I designed. http://www.aimdroix.com/store/index....product_id=108 . If you get tired of the 4 in props, you can then replace the arms with these ones http://www.aimdroix.com/store/index....&product_id=92 and it will allow you to use 5in props. It also have a g10 vertical plate to easily mount the vtx and receiver. This frame it's a bit heavier that the other two that you mentioned but It might be a good if you want to have more options and it's at a decent price.

Michael

Navigator
    Wow...looks neat and the 5" propeller Arms seem like a good investment... I heard that the small quads fly a lot better with 5"...

Abd as i have the designer of the frame right here.. :-)

I have a special thing i definetly wanna realize with this build:

I want to install the blackbird 2 3d fpv cam... Decent design and small.. But still... The two standoffs in the front blick the two cams if i install it like a 2d cam on the plate...

Do you think i can mod the frame to one standoff in the middle front to unblock the view of the blackbird lenses?
    Or would you even provide a small mod kit for this? One or two carbon pieces with the holes in the right spot f.e.?

Maybe more pilots will switch to 3d in the future...and a nice 3dFpv 180 setup is especially cool. Going through narrower spaces, woods, etc...

Here are the detailed infos and measurements of the blackbird:

http://fpv3dcam.com/products-fpv3dca...pv-camera.html

Im very interested in what you say about the plan...

All the best,
    Philip

Navigator
    You should measure if that camera will fit the other frames. On a 180 size those props will barely clear the sides of the frame body.

Navigator
    Wow...looks neat and the 5" propeller Arms seem like a good investment... I heard that the small quads fly a lot better with 5"...

Abd as i have the designer of the frame right here.. :-)

I have a special thing i definetly wanna realize with this build:

I want to install the blackbird 2 3d fpv cam... Decent design and small.. But still... The two standoffs in the front blick the two cams if i install it like a 2d cam on the plate...

Do you think i can mod the frame to one standoff in the middle front to unblock the view of the blackbird lenses?
    Or would you even provide a small mod kit for this? One or two carbon pieces with the holes in the right spot f.e.?

Maybe more pilots will switch to 3d in the future...and a nice 3dFpv 180 setup is especially cool. Going through narrower spaces, woods, etc...

Here are the detailed infos and measurements of the blackbird:

http://fpv3dcam.com/products-fpv3dca...pv-camera.html

Im very interested in what you say about the plan...

All the best,
    Philip
    Yes, 5in props in this frames is the best combination. here is a video of my sponsored pilot
    I think that the best way to mount this camera would be to design a 3D printed mount because then you will be able to secure the camera in place and protect it as it's wider than the frame. You can still improvise something to make it work, I think that this will be pretty cool with that camera.

Navigator

Shendrones Tweaker 180 or Sigan 180?

Hey!

I think the cam would be above the prop level... Or do you see a problem there, fox?

But... Maymidroix..

A 3d print wont change the problem that the front standoffs stand in the way when the cam is mounted behind them.

Where would you put it? On a 'mount and in front of the standoffs will leave the cam totally unsecured in case of crashing...

I thought about connecting the front holes with screws and a carbon piece and have one single standoff in the middle.

Navigator
    Hey!

I think the cam would be above the prop level... Or do you see a problem there, fox?

But... Maymidroix..

A 3d print wont change the problem that the front standoffs stand in the way when the cam is mounted behind them.

Where would you put it? On a 'mount and in front of the standoffs will leave the cam totally unsecured in case of crashing...

I thought about connecting the front holes with screws and a carbon piece and have one single standoff in the middle.
    I was thinking on mounting it between the top and bottom plates.

With a 3D printed mount, you could remove the front standoffs and integrate the screws attachment into this 3d printed mount. If I had the cam I could make a model quickly.

Have you try this camera before? is it really worth it?

Navigator
    I'm not so sure. If it is at prop level on a 180 frame the camera will stick out enough to get smacked by the props. For example, the Tweaker 180 body is roughly 35mm wide and my props on the mc2204/2300kv motors allows for about 24mm space under it for something wider than the body to stick out. The 3D camera is 59mm wide and 27mm tall so it is 24mm too wide and 3mm too tall to mount in the front body of the Tweaker. You're really looking at mounting it higher like on top of the frame or much more forward with an extension but neither is ideal if you crash. FYI, at 59mm it's almost the same width as a gopro or xiaomiyi.

You might consider Maymidroix with longer arms (or another mini) that is a little bigger, perhaps a 250 size to give you more clearance if you want to mount it into the body.

Hey!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast