FPVLAB

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: VAS Chimera V2 Prototype - Scott (Hoss) Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by lbz34 View Post
    http://www.stoneblueairlines.com/mot...04-1090kv.html

Supposed to put the chimera around 105+/-mph with a 10x7 prop and 2x 4s-5200 mah
    Gotcha, thanks. I'm going to pick one up and give it a try. It's available at about half the price / little more than half just about everywhere else you can find it, just fyi. Stone blue tends to go a little too far on the profits for my taste usually.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
    Gotcha, thanks. I'm going to pick one up and give it a try. It's available at about half the price / little more than half just about everywhere else you can find it, just fyi. Stone blue tends to go a little too far on the profits for my taste usually.
    Aloft has one left.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post
    Aloft has one left.
    Yeah, they're the cheapest. Hobbypartz is the next cheapest (under $30) - they have them, then the others come in a few dollars more. Don't know why stone blue is charging 45 dollars for an emax motor. Well, I gave my guesses...

Engineer for Jesus Christ IBCrazy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
    Yeah, they're the cheapest. Hobbypartz is the next cheapest (under $30) - they have them, then the others come in a few dollars more. Don't know why stone blue is charging 45 dollars for an emax motor. Well, I gave my guesses...
    Probably because people don't shop around and he feels his research on the proper motor makes it worth more. I agree his margin is excessive on that motor.

I'm a fan of the 1250 kV motors on 4S. VanGo runs this beast: http://www.hobbypartz.com/86mb28-roc...25-1500kv.html That will push you well into the 100+mph range.

-Alex
    If it is broken, fix it. if it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.

videoaerialsystems.com - Performance video piloting

If you're a fan of really big motors and more power than you can use, there's this motor: http://www.hobbypartz.com/86mc303-3520-1300kv.html

4S, 9 or 10" prop. Hold on tight.

-Alex

Three things made me purchase one of these recently.
    1. Losing a Mini Talon while on vacation in Tuscany (wasn't lost, but 85% destroyed)
    2. Hoss helping me out with another project (Drak / Vector)
    3. Still Loving my original specter so why not go with another IBCrazy aircraft.

Thanks for all the information from everyone because I'll incorporate this into my build....whenever work allows me some free time! lol

Quote Originally Posted by IBCrazy View Post
    Probably because people don't shop around and he feels his research on the proper motor makes it worth more. I agree his margin is excessive on that motor.

I'm a fan of the 1250 kV motors on 4S. VanGo runs this beast: http://www.hobbypartz.com/86mb28-roc...25-1500kv.html That will push you well into the 100+mph range.

-Alex

What prop does he run with that motor? I am going to try this emax first, might move to the 1250 kv sk3 or this motor if i need more speed, is the emax 1020kv going to be the most efficient?

Quote Originally Posted by lbz34 View Post
    What prop does he run with that motor? I am going to try this emax first, might move to the 1250 kv sk3 or this motor if i need more speed, is the emax 1020kv going to be the most efficient?
    I think he's on a 9X6 Prop. Lots of power on that beast of a motor. Higher kV and smaller prop gets you more speed. Lower kV and larger prop gets you more thrust.

Heres a fast interesting motor option... The speed always comes at a cost though:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Skjermbilde 2016-04-24 kl. 15.30.02.png 
Views:	57 
Size:	308.0 KB 
ID:	72056

Aaaaaannnnddddd that's what putting your transmitter on "Chimera" instead of "Chimera V2" does. Reversed controls... full throttle directly up and back down into the earth. I wonder if I had actually realized somehow and responded in time if my brain would've been able to fly it reversed long enough to land it safely. It was a ridiculously devastating impact. Vector blew apart, battery ejected and massively deformed, ripping through the lid in the process and ripping out my screws holding it on. Luckily, the vector went back together and seems to work and the battery was squished back into form and doesn't seem to have been badly damaged. No tear in the cell packing, no changes in the current or charge... we'll see how everything goes next outing, but a single split in the foam was all there was on the plane... repaired in about 20 seconds + dry time.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast