Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: QAV-R FPV Racing Quadcopter (4", 5", 6") by Lumenier (formerly RaceBlade)

I'm considering this frame for my next build and I'm curious how durable the frame has been (mainly bottom plate and arms). I'm a skilled crash tester so this is the most important factor. I've gotten a few months out of a qav 210, and while the frequency of my crashes has decreased greatly, the hilarity and severity have increased exponentially

Footage of my QAV-R on the Rotor Riot test track:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDhMsNVO...n-by=questpact

FPV Freestyle on my Lumenier QAV-R (5"). This is one awesome quad! Enjoy!

Here is my set-up:

Lumenier QAV-R (5")
    Lumenier Lux Flight Controller with Betaflight 2.5
    (Airmode enabled)
    GoPro Hero 4 Session
    Lumenier 30 amp Esc's
    Emax RS 2205 Redbottom motors
    Redrotor RROSD PDB
    FrSky TFR4 SB
    RMRC 200 mW Videotx
    DAL 5x4.5x3
    TBS Triumph 5.8 gHz Antenna
    SMC 1300 maH 4s Lipo Batteries

Last edited by fpvguam; 3rd April 2016 at 01:41 AM.
    NH2LB

New frame, new motors, same pilot.

Instead of flashing new firmware, I decided to go out and fly on this beautiful weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman1646 View Post
    Got one today as a promo item and I couldn't be more disappointed. This is so close to a rip-off of Soma's impulseRC Alien design...and the only thing that keeps it from being a complete ripoff is the painstaking amount of effort that went into creating a vastly inferior arm to chassis mounting system. I was hoping that this was going to be something new, like the CHARPU 210, instead of something that is already out there. This frame itself looks like its good for about one minor/moderate crash. The top plate doesn't look like it could hold up to any sort of impact and keep my electronics safe. Like many recent Lumenier products it seems that the primary purpose of this item is to break and sell more items. I have no idea why anyone would not drop the additional $10.00 to get the best X-frame currently on the market. I'm seeing a trend with Lumenier products these days and its not inspiring. I really hope you guys get back in the game of making things that are actually good instead of overpricing crap and rebrands so I can bring myself to start buying from you guys again.

oh, but 5 Stars for the foam landing pads...i was getting really tired of making my own with my cobra motors foam packaging and glue for free.

I was going to post this as a review on your site but it doesn't meet the 4+ star Minimum criteria that you require for your brand products...foam landing pad review pending. ;D
    LOLOL The QAV-R is actually MUCH better than the Alien in many ways. First off the arm mounting is VASTLY superior. Not only does it not crack the PDB when you crash it also allows you to remove an entire arm with only 3 screws and 1 tool. Second the Alien has a MAJOR limitation on camera angle because it only allows for so much up tilt. The QAV does not have this problem. Also, the battery plug is much better on the QAV-R because it doesn't crack off the PDB the first time your battery gets ejected. And your completely unfounded "review" of how it looks like it will preform in a crash is total ignorance. My QAV-R has survived some BRUTAL impacts from almost all directions without a single broken part. So once again your wrong.

Look, your an uninformed fanboy that has nothing better to do. Please learn something before you post ignorance.
    Last edited by Jason51873; 10th May 2016 at 04:55 PM.
    - Vortex150 (TMotor F20's)

Lunch time fpv session destroying a RMRC lipo.

- QAV-R
    - DYS XM 20A ESC's
    - DYS 2205 2750kv Motors
    - DAL 5045 2 blade props
    - SP Racing F3 Flight Controller
    - FPV Ninja's V2 200mw VTX
    - Lumenier CM-650
    - Runcam HD 2
    Last edited by Jason51873; 11th May 2016 at 12:45 PM.
    - Vortex150 (TMotor F20's)

Navigator
    This is my latest QAV-R. The setup is in the description of the video.
    https://youtu.be/mmdL2xvM46s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigator
    Just want to stop in and say, Ive had my Qav-R for about two months now. Im still pretty new to FPhonsetlyV, AKA i crash alot. Ive beat this thing to hell and back, the only issue was a cracked arm where the carbon fiber de laminated near the bottom plate. I continued to fly it for a month and still felt rock solid. I did end up swaping it out for a new one, when i had to replace an esc, but that arm is still rock solid and in my bag as spare.

All in all, i love my R and will be building a spare very shortly for electronics sake, because short of crashing full speed into a brick wall, I dont know how you would break the frame.