Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fpv mudskipper not working with battery

Navigator
    I put the voltage meter on each esc and am getting twelve volts to all but nothing out of them

Navigator
    Rmrc got back to me via St and I was told to put the hex code from the dodo page on clean flight. Done that and I have the same issue. Waiting to see what their next step for is going to be. Glad they were so quick to try and help, day after Christmas too. Really appreciate the effort. Thx

Navigator
    In one of your pictures, you have a 4s battery. You are getting 12 volts to the ESCs even when using a 4s battery?

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by littlet23060 View Post
    I put the voltage meter on each esc and am getting twelve volts to all but nothing out of them
    in one of your pictures you show a 4s battery. Are you getting 12v at each esc even with a 4s battery?

Navigator
    No the twelve was with a three cell, i was just trying different batteries I had to rule out the battery being the problem. I've got everything on clean flight looking good, all channels from rx are working right, 1000_2000 for end points, or really close, 1500 mid, arm switch set, it goes green as should, on the motor tab when armed they show spinning up like they should buy nothing with battery in. I used the hex on the dodo page to flash hardware and used the text on the mudskipper page to rerun through cli. From what I've been reading and told I have done everything right but no power going through esc to motor.

Navigator
    Well for anyone monitoring this, here is the latest message I sent to rmrc through their support ticket system.

I did the clean flight again and it started working. Yes. Cut it off, put props back on and check her out. Plug battery in and nothing, so I go back in side to the basement to check it out, I put the battery in and it started beeping then flash, it caught fire where one of the screws for the motor is. Wtf. Scared the life out of me. I dropped it and now the vtx antenna is broke. There must of been a short or something somewhere. How do I get this thing back to you to confirm this and get one that is working properly.

Navigator
    What is your ticket number? I am not on the support team, but we will get this taken care of right away. I have no idea how this happened - I personally test flew each unit before it left our facility, but we want you to have the best possible experience with your mudskipper so we will make it right!

Navigator
    84074. Just let me know if there is anything else you need me to do.

Navigator
    got it! I passed it along to the guys and we will get you taken care of right away

Sorry for the trouble youve had!

Navigator
    Thanks for all the help, I've got it boxed up and shipping back tomorrow.