Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Xiaomi Yi SuperView Mod (+more!)

dani_pacha, this script records in 1200x1600 60fps and stretches it to 1920x1080 inside the camera with no need for editing like it would if you just record in 1200x1600. Im not entirely sure of your question.

JulianGoesPro, are you looking for a a 1440p60 without any stretching? I can make you one up if you like. Would you like all of the bitrate mods too?

Quote Originally Posted by WaffleFPV View Post
    JulianGoesPro, are you looking for a a 1440p60 without any stretching? I can make you one up if you like. Would you like all of the bitrate mods too?
    Awesome but don't spend too much time on it when I am the only one wanting it since I only have a Yi for a a few more weeks before I have to give it back :-P

don't really need different quality settings, just a "high" one would be awesome and the 4:3 unstreched, so 1920x1440 @ 60fps would be king... that way I can chop the top and bottom if I am lazy or add some dynamic stretching in case I want superview in post (and super lazy just upload it in 4:3 xD)

Quote Originally Posted by JulianGoesPro View Post
    Awesome but don't spend too much time on it when I am the only one wanting it since I only have a Yi for a a few more weeks before I have to give it back :-P

don't really need different quality settings, just a "high" one would be awesome and the 4:3 unstreched, so 1920x1440 @ 60fps would be king... that way I can chop the top and bottom if I am lazy or add some dynamic stretching in case I want superview in post (and super lazy just upload it in 4:3 xD)
    Ok unfortunately I just found out that I can only work with the resolution/fps combinations that the Ambarella A7 chip can provide so I can only use the ones listed here: https://github.com/PJanisio/Xiaomi_Y...n_addresses.md

The best I can get for you is any one of these. 1920x1440 (I assume thats what ur talking about like the gopro) is not supported unfortunately. If you pick one of these I can make u a script with it

Ok unfortunately I just found out that I can only work with the resolution/fps combinations that the Ambarella A7 chip can provide so I can only use the ones listed here: https://github.com/PJanisio/Xiaomi_Y...n_addresses.md

The best I can get for you is any one of these. 1920x1440 (I assume thats what ur talking about like the gopro) is not supported unfortunately. If you pick one of these I can make u a script with it
    Oh okay I see... looking at this selection I think 1920x1080p60 is the best option... though I am surprised how high you could go resolution wise (though only at 30fps)

Do you know what's the difference between 1 and 2? (same resolution, same frame rate)

Navigator
    dani_pacha, this script records in 1200x1600 60fps and stretches it to 1920x1080 inside the camera with no need for editing like it would if you just record in 1200x1600. Im not entirely sure of your question.

Sorry !

But ? 1 question !

If possible record in 1920 x 1440 60fps?

And if this yes ! Why not use this to generate superview ? This is real gopro superview !

Second question !

Possible serious. Also the camera processes the center vide with less stuffy?

Thanks ! Im very interesting on run whit this ! Im very bored broken gopros !

Thanks and regards

Thanks for an awesome job, Waffle! I just made a comparison video of the Yi with this firmware and a GoPro Session recording in SuperView at 48FPS. The stretching at the center is of course more apparent in the Yi footage, but for what it isworth, you have just released a huge (and very welcome) upgrade, indeed!

https://youtu.be/1qNjoEQCe7s
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JulianGoesPro View Post
    Oh okay I see... looking at this selection I think 1920x1080p60 is the best option... though I am surprised how high you could go resolution wise (though only at 30fps)

Do you know what's the difference between 1 and 2? (same resolution, same frame rate)
    Sorry but I don't why they need two duplicate modes for each. They both work the same. Weird

Quote Originally Posted by dani_pacha View Post
    Sorry !

But ? 1 question !

If possible record in 1920 x 1440 60fps?

And if this yes ! Why not use this to generate superview ? This is real gopro superview !

Second question !

Possible serious. Also the camera processes the center vide with less stuffy?

Thanks ! Im very interesting on run whit this ! Im very bored broken gopros !

Thanks and regards
    1: The Xiaomi cannot run 1440p 60fps like the GoPro
    2. I don't really understand your English but the image is still very clear, and the image is stretched so it is 'stuffy'

I hope that's what your asking

Quote Originally Posted by arcteryxxx View Post
    Thanks for an awesome job, Waffle! I just made a comparison video of the Yi with this firmware and a GoPro Session recording in SuperView at 48FPS. The stretching at the center is of course more apparent in the Yi footage, but for what it isworth, you have just released a huge (and very welcome) upgrade, indeed!

https://youtu.be/1qNjoEQCe7s
    Hahah I love the 'SuPoorView' that is gold!

I'm glad you made that actually because I didn't realise how similar it really looked. Thanks!

Navigator
    Guys I just read this from facebook. I have a yi v1.2.13 what do I do to get the superview? Can someone enlighten me please. Thanks!

Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast