Page 52 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: Xiaomi Yi SuperView Mod (+more!)

Navigator
    Hello I'm new Xiaomi Yi user. I would like to have superviewMod modification for only one resolution and one frame rate (for example 720p 60fps) and for other resolutions and framerates basic stock options to free use of this when I needed. Is it possible and could someone help me, how can I do this? Bitrate could stay the same becouse I'v not tested my sd card yet and i would like to have stable working camera.

Forum Member
    Thought I'd check here, I did some searches on bad / corrupted files but couldn't find anything.. I have the wafflefpv script running 35 MB/s with flat colours on a 32gb sandisk extreme. It was working perfectly for a long time and today only 1 of the 10 video files was not corrupted.. The only thing I can think is it got too hot, I left it recording for 30 minutes or something in the sun. Did I cook the SD card or something? How would that sort of negligence cause corrupted video files and not just a camera over heating and dying entirely?

I did start recording on it at on point and it got smacked and I believe it shut off but I would think only that one file would be corrupt.
    Last edited by dr_patso; 27th June 2016 at 01:37 AM.

Forum Member
    Today I lost my Eken H9, because I crashed into a tree and I couldn't find the camera anymore.

So I will switch back to the Xiaomi Yi. I had the camera some time ago, but I crashed it so hard that the lens and some internal parts shattered. Back then I already used scripts to optimise the camera.

Is it possible to write a script that lets the Xiaomi beep after 5 minutes of record-time?

That would be fantastic. A flight lasts for about 3 Minutes with my 4S 1500 LiPo. So when i crash and the camera gets lost, I just have to wait till the five minutes are over, the camera beeps and I can (hopefully) find it.

As I understand the script only gets executed one time at the startup. Is it possible to set a internal timer to let it beep after x minutes, or to call a script after x minutes?

Forum Member
    Got my yi running the superview script at 35 and auto. Much better quality than my tired old runcam hd. Had the focus issue on mine but i think ive sorted that out now.
    This was recorded on a sandisk ultra 16gb card so quality isnt what i suspect it would be with a proper spec card. The sandisk extreme 32g i ordered arrived today but couldnt get up the field to test it but im hopeful quality will be much improved. The raw file is better than this. Pixels added courtesy of youtube.

One thing i will say is the mic on the yi is horrendous! I have removed the sticker and taped over the mic hole in the case but its still awful. I have ordered an upgrade mic from Aliexpress so im hopeful that will be a big improvement. Anything has got to be better than the stock one! If you watch the video, turn the volume down unless you think bleeding ears is desireable!

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by keiner0815 View Post
    Today I lost my Eken H9, because I crashed into a tree and I couldn't find the camera anymore.

So I will switch back to the Xiaomi Yi. I had the camera some time ago, but I crashed it so hard that the lens and some internal parts shattered. Back then I already used scripts to optimise the camera.

Is it possible to write a script that lets the Xiaomi beep after 5 minutes of record-time?

That would be fantastic. A flight lasts for about 3 Minutes with my 4S 1500 LiPo. So when i crash and the camera gets lost, I just have to wait till the five minutes are over, the camera beeps and I can (hopefully) find it.

As I understand the script only gets executed one time at the startup. Is it possible to set a internal timer to let it beep after x minutes, or to call a script after x minutes?
    Hi, this is usually the job of a lost beeper which can be activated with a switch or failsafe (no radio signal like when the radio control is turned off). Another thing which can also help you is maybe the ESC beacon, most firmwares like BLHeli, BLHeli based and even SimonK for example, have this feature which can be activated after a certain delay of inactivity from your ESCs...
    [URL="https://www.youtube.com/user/blackmennewstyle"][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RC Hobby enthusiast...
    [/URL]

Forum Member
    Thanks for your reply.

The problem was not finding the copter. I have It set up like you said. When I shutdown the transmitter it will start to beep. So I found the copter pretty quick, but the camera flew away seperately after the crash.

So It would be great if a script could let the camera beep after x minutes, too.
    Last edited by keiner0815; 10th July 2016 at 04:21 AM.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by keiner0815 View Post
    Thanks for your reply.

The problem was not finding the copter. I have It set up like you said. When I shutdown the transmitter it will start to beep. So I found the copter pretty quick, but the camera flew away seperately after the crash.

So It would be great if a script could let the camera beep after x minutes, too.

It would be a handy feature. The times I have crashed and ejected my runcam. Two minutes to find the quad and another half an hour to find the camera. I'd be sick to my stomach if the Yi got ejected and lost. A separate beeper function on it would certainly improve the chances of finding it again.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_patso View Post
    I left it recording for 30 minutes or something in the sun. Did I cook the SD card or something? How would that sort of negligence cause corrupted video files and not just a camera over heating and dying entirely?

Without knowing where you live, it was 90 here yesterday and the one time I left it recording without flying on a day it was 65 out, it was too hot to hold and that was without the superview mod running. I doubt it's ruined and you may very well be able to recover your videos pretty easily. Here's a link to the thread: http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....GoPro-for-free

Forum Member
    Tape a pink flagging ribbon to the bottom of your camera. Fold it over itself several times and put the camera ontop of it. You will never notice it's there. If the cam comes flying off the ribbon will unravel and will have a couple feet of ready to spot ribbon marking the spot where your camera is.
    [Flight Box] - Watch, Cry, Subscribe.
    youtube.com/jnacoustic
    [B]
    [SIZE=2][COLOR=darkorange][COLOR=dimgray]NE[COLOR=darkorange]FPV[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=darkorange]^[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bbknucks View Post
    Using the yi app you can change default mode. Mine starts up in video mode now.

Mark
    Hi, yes i know that, but i want to lock yi in video mode as i use it for skydiving.
    It's mounted on helmet so i dont see the red led when using the camera.
    That would make sure i won't change it to still mode by accident.

Page 52 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast