Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disappointed with RMRC warranty/customer service.

Navigator

Thumbs up Disappointed with RMRC warranty/customer service.

I purchased a Mobius camera from RMRC back in Feb of last year. This past month it stopped functioning out of the blue. The lights would come on, but it would not record or function correctly. It had never been crashed, nor opened/modified.

I e-mailed RMRC and they asked to see the issue so I uploaded a video on YouTube showing the problem and showed the entire camera body on the video as well. I was instructed by Randy to send back the camera to check it out and replace it if its due to a factory defect.

I sent the camera to RMRC and received a response from Dan once received stating they won't work on the camera because "it is apparent that the camera has been in crash or two. We do not warranty crash damage".

I explained that the camera has never been in a crash, and Dan responded that "
    The case and heat sink has several deep scratches along with chips in the lens."'

In fact, there were a few very light scratches to the side and one light scratch to the back behind the heatsink. In addition, there is two little pin sized dings to the lens.

The scratches to the case were caused by the strap used to hold the camera and due to the fact that little rocks and sand got stuck underneath the sticky scorpion straps I was using. In CA where I fly its very dusty/sandy and its common to get little pieces of gravel stuck to the strap. In addition, a little pin sized ding to the glass of the lens doesn't mean its been crashed. I would imagine flying a 250 sized multi rotor at 40+mph in the sandy/dusty conditions of CA during low flying would cause a little ding to the glass just like if you drive you car on the freeway and the bumper or windshield gets some dings from sand/tiny rocks.

I asked to see a photo when they had the camera but Dan was not willing to cooperate and didn't want to hear anymore and just said he is sending back the camera. I would have really appreciated if he been a little kinder in the e-mail exchange. Instead he seemed agitated and unwilling to communicate further

This really has left a sour taste in my mouth with RMRC. I did not ask for a refund, I simply asked for a store credit for a camera that stopped functioning within its 1 year warranty. If it was crashed, the lens would physically be cracked, or there would be significant damage like cracks etc to the camera. It seems like Dan didn't understand the difference between a camera that has seen some use and one that is crashed. These are after all going on quads and airplanes I don't know he expects it to be in 'perfect' condition or else everything is considered crashed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0150.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	122.4 KB 
ID:	68569Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0152.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	112.4 KB 
ID:	68570

Where's the 1-year warranty specified for this camera? If it's close to one year old, there's a strong chance the battery is shot. I've had the batteries go out on these things after only 3-4 months.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by HFMan View Post
    Where's the 1-year warranty specified for this camera? If it's close to one year old, there's a strong chance the battery is shot. I've had the batteries go out on these things after only 3-4 months.
    Definitely not a battery issue. Something else is going on, I even reflashed firmware.

Navigator
    You cant be mad at RMRC, they cant send that back to who they bought it from. they will just refuse it. be mad at mobius for making a weak camera. Or go buy a real camera like a gopro

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by willybean View Post
    You cant be mad at RMRC, they cant send that back to who they bought it from. they will just refuse it. be mad at mobius for making a weak camera. Or go buy a real camera like a gopro

You provide some informed response here

they purchase from a US distributor most likely which provides a warranty for the product, why don't you go post elsewhere if all you have to say is I go buy a real camera like a GoPro.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by cfrea View Post
    You provide some informed response here

they purchase from a US distributor most likely which provides a warranty for the product, why don't you go post elsewhere if all you have to say is I go buy a real camera like a GoPro.
    my point is, dont buy a cheap camera and expect it to take hits like a good one. Or just dont crash thats a plus too

Navigator
    You didn't read my post did you? I never crashed the camera and why would I put s GoPro on a small drone, it kills theperformance due to the weight penalty.

Navigator
    You didn't read my post did you? I never crashed the camera and why would I put s GoPro on a small drone, it kills theperformance due to the weight penalty.
    You have marks on the back side of the case from " using a strap " who straps cameras from the back ? never seen that Id be to afraid to lose one. Weight is almost the same on a gopro with out battery and a mobius. GoPro FTW and you can get those cool little lens covers to stop your rock hard sand from chipping the lens.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by willybean View Post
    You have marks on the back side of the case from " using a strap " who straps cameras from the back ? never seen that Id be to afraid to lose one. Weight is almost the same on a gopro with out battery and a mobius. GoPro FTW and you can get those cool little lens covers to stop your rock hard sand from chipping the lens.

sounds like you work for gopro, where do i buy one?

Navigator
    sounds like you work for gopro, where do i buy one?
    www.gopro.com ask for will