Thread: Lumenier CM-650 mini keeps dying!

Lumenier CM-650 mini keeps dying!

I was just out at lunch w/ some buddies, showing them FPV. I'm in a hover and then my friend says, "dude, your video just went black." This is my THIRD CM-650. At $65 a pop, this is absurd.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	myfpv_final2.jpg 
Views:	2375 
Size:	166.8 KB 
ID:	68562

I was in communications w/ GetFPV and this is how they told me to wire it. Ignore the crossed out white wire. I originally pulled that wire out completely, but GetFPV told me to ground it. Anyone know what might be happening?? I REALLY love the image quality when it is working, but I'm hard pressed to buy another one at this point.
    Do what you love, love what you do.
    -- My build thread --
    Instagram: blueskydubs

what is the point of this support category if no one responds. *good grief*
    -- My build thread --

Co-Pilot
    If your cam is powered directly from the 4s battery then that is the issue. Even though these cams are rated for up to 22v, sometimes there are spikes which go well above 22v. It has happened to quite a few of these cameras with similar designs. As you should know, these Lumenier cams are just rebrands of much cheaper options. You can put a 33 ohm 1/4W resistor in line with the lipo + lead to drop the voltage and filter spikes.

Quote Originally Posted by mrichard View Post
    what is the point of this support category if no one responds. *good grief*
    Please contact support@getfpv.com for support from Lumenier/GetFPV. The forums here are a good place to ask other users for advice and solutions.

I had been in email communications w/ Getfpv shortly after making this post over a month ago. I have also resolved the issue by putting a pololu 5v stepdown on the PDB. If your intent for the forums is for people to ask peers for support, then perhaps take away this Lumenier Support sub section as it is confusing.

AND, I would like to point out that in my emails back and forth w/ Getfpv never did they suggest a stepdown or resistor for regulating the voltage. I sent them many pictures and drawings, and they helped in telling me what to ground, but I wish they would have told me about the surges in voltage that can puff the cameras.

Quote Originally Posted by timnilson View Post
    Please contact support@getfpv.com for support from Lumenier/GetFPV. The forums here are a good place to ask other users for advice and solutions.
    Last edited by mrichard; 16th January 2016 at 12:23 AM.
    -- My build thread --

Thank you for your reply. It has been resolved. And no, I absolutely didn't realize Lumenier cams were rebranded. I'm new to this hobby and I trusted Lumenier and it's popularity among the "pros" in which I got most of my direction from in terms of what to buy. I'm not completely hating on Lumenier or GetFPV. I've purchased many things from them that are very good quality (including the QAV210 Charpu edition) which has served me VERY well in taking abuse.

but... lesson learned.

Quote Originally Posted by Hmerly View Post
    If your cam is powered directly from the 4s battery then that is the issue. Even though these cams are rated for up to 22v, sometimes there are spikes which go well above 22v. It has happened to quite a few of these cameras with similar designs. As you should know, these Lumenier cams are just rebrands of much cheaper options. You can put a 33 ohm 1/4W resistor in line with the lipo + lead to drop the voltage and filter spikes.
    -- My build thread --

Co-Pilot
    You'll find they rock. Not many retailers I put up as high as Lumenier/getfpv

Navigator
    I to just received my rtf 210 charpu edition...maybe you can help? I'm running that quad with fatshark dominator v3 along with aTaranis plus tx'r with an D8rxp receiver. Which is where my problem starts. The receiver does not fit anywhere inside the quad plus there is no Sbus function along with it only having 8 channels instead of 16. So I'm thinking of purchasing an X4RSB receiver..it will fit on top of the rear of the bottom frame just below the video transmitter which by the way is the Luminier model I forget exactly which on of the two. The receiver will also have Sbus along with 16 channels and from what I've read it has much better range. Can you please give me any info I would be very greatful. There is absolutely no one that I know or any of them know of anyone who flys Fpv . All my info and experience has been with cheap quads a phantom 3 and a Yuneec q500 4K. Along with reading everything I can!
    thank you so much