Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm very disappointed with GETFPV

Forum Member

I'm very disappointed with GETFPV

First off, the shipping was excruciating, I placed an order on the 22nd of November and I finally got my package today on December 2nd. Well ok, I guess they actually took the 6 "business days" they say on the site which is 3-6 days for free shipping, granted if it's over $60 which it was, WAY over that free shipping mark. So anyway, I finally get my QAV250 kit and I'm like a kid in Christmas, excited af. I open it up and of course you wanna see what you have so I have a small look over on the frame and it's kind of disappointing, it has some scratch marks and stuff, I know, I know I'm gonna crash it and scratch it more probably but hey, I wanna be the one to make those battle scars, not Blake or someone who works there (I say Blake because he's the only one that answers my support emails) SO anyway, I say the heck with it I'll take it anyway, no need to make a big deal about it. I open everything up to start, I put on the LEDs, I solder the power distribution board, solder the ESCs on there and then I go to put the board on the frame just to check clearance and lo and behold, NO STANDOFFS! I'm talking about the spacers, all of them, even the landing gear is missing!! So I was missing the 35mm aluminum spacer, the 10mm aluminum spacer, AND the landing gear. But the good news is, at least Blake put the little rubber caps that go on the landing gear in the bag, thank the lord, or I would have lost my mind! Still, no landing gear though, but I got the rubber caps for them, hecks yeas. As anyone else would be, I was angry, so I sent them an email expressing myself and not restraining myself from using some unfriendly words. Still, for a kit that's so expensive wouldn't you think they would at least double check before sending it out? I can see them getting it ready now.... Blake's Boss - "Hey Blake, did you check the little bag with the screws and landing gear and such?" Blake- "Well the "Lumenier" stickers are in there so it's good to go" Oh about that, thanks for the stickers guy I really wanna put them all over my car and stuff, no, not really. I would trade you the stickers for the actual components I need? Anyway, I did receive an email shortly after I sent one, I first called their location on the phone, I wanted to... express myself dearly. In all honesty, some guy name Tim answered my email this time, I already miss Blake. He asked for me to send a picture of everything I actually received and they would expedite ship it, so he said.. SO HE SAID. Hope they do. I got nothing to do but write on here now, anyone wanna be my friend? Thanks for listening. Have a great one guys, except you GETFPV, hope you don't have a great one, you screwed me.

*EDIT* spoke to them again today and unfortunately the shipping manager declined sending it expedited shipping so they're sending it usps priority mail. So I'll probably get my package on Monday, Saturday if I'm lucky but I have the worst luck. I still can't believe how blind people are about my problem, it is really that difficult to understand why I'm upset?
    Last edited by Aaron19209; 3rd December 2015 at 05:10 PM.

Forum Member
    Being on a first name basis with their customer service personnel says more to me about the customer than the service..

just saying...

Forum Member
    Sheesh, some people just like to complain!
    -Chris
    www.youtube.com/user/criccio

[QUOTE=Zeeflyboy;562833]If it all ends badly this time, I'm quitting FPV and RC and taking up golf.[/QUOTE]

Forum Member
    I don't know what you're just saying. Either I'm a terrible customer for having asked a few questions about their products before I purchased or I'm a terrible customer because they forgot to put some parts in my kit.

Forum Member
    Hey, I wouldn't have posted on here if I didn't think I couldn't handle a couple of fanboys. I know I'm not the only one something like this has happened to, and not strictly with getfpv but in general.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron19209 View Post
    Hey, I wouldn't have posted on here if I didn't think I couldn't handle a couple of fanboys. I know I'm not the only one something like this has happened to, and not strictly with getfpv but in general.
    No you're not the only one this happened to Aaron, but you're one of the few that act like a schoolgirl that didn't the white pony for her 7th birthday that she asked for. I mean 'cmon man, you complained about slow shipping even though you ordered when there was a 4 day holiday for many in the middle of the shipping schedule. You should be realistic with that, and if it was USPS, well that's the new normal for them. You shouldn't hold GetFPV responsible for shipping delays if they shipped the product on time. Really not fair at all.

As far as some missing parts? Yeh, that's disappointing I know, But it seems GetFPV is willing to get the parts out expedited shipping to you without argument. What more do you want? Mistakes happen bro, and it's how the mistakes are corrected that differentiates a good company from a bad. From what you described GetFPV is going out of their way to make it right. SO once again, what is it you want? Please explain what you expected that you didn't get that has you so petulant. I'm just not seeing the need for the drama here, and in fact, give GetFPV credit for dealing with the issue as best they can.

And no, I'm not a fanoi. I've ordered from them once and got what I expected. But I wouldn't call myself a fanboi by any stretch, just ordered my HeadPlay from them, waited for shipment of the next order from Rangvideo, and got my HPs. And I don't know any of their support team by name... lol.

Forum Member
    So I don't get it????? you complain that it took 6 days for something to get to you when on the getfpv site it listed the ship time as long as 6 days????

Most of the reputable companies out there will make things right when there are issues/mixups/missing parts and getfpv is no different when it comes to customer service from what I have seen... after all they want a good report from their customers so they will have customers in the future... right???

Forum Member
    Hi Aaron,

First off sorry for the missing parts, I know that can be really frustrating for something you've been waiting on. Unfortunately as you have stated, it looks like the kit was missing a few parts that should have been included, and it sounds like you have already spoken to our customer service team which was the right step. We have an excellent kitting crew here and they do a great job, though they are human and mistakes can happen. Our CS team was asking for the photo to visually confirm what you were missing. We certainly didn't want you to be missing anything else, and the photo was the easiest way to do this. As it has already been stated, we will ship you out the missing parts then ASAP. Thanks, and sorry again for the trouble.
    Last edited by Andy_GetFPV; 3rd December 2015 at 11:55 AM.

Forum Member
    You're missing the whole point, yes eventually they will make it right, but shouldn't it have been done right the first time? Or are you the kind of guy that measures once and cuts twice? I believe I have the right to be upset, I've spent a heck of a lot of money this past week at getfpv, this was all in an initial spend because I'm just getting into this hobby. If you wouldnt be mad then that's on you, but asking why I'M mad about it, is just down right insulting, and why? Just because it's getfpv? I had no idea I would hurt so many people's feelings lol. Imagine if I would have written a rude post.

Forum Member
    Thanks. I'll be waiting.