Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132

Thread: The Lumenier LUX Flight Controller - STM32F303 32-bit processor

Quote Originally Posted by jones007 View Post
    Actually, I meant "Colibri." I think it's the target used in the TBS power cube. I think it was speced for Lux many months ago, but maybe not anymore. Kombini is a Furious product. Haven't tried one yet, but they look clean. If you have a BF target now, maybe try a CF target - they tend to be less buggy.
    After a multitude of problems that eventually got worked out, the twitching of motors I found out caused by vibrations, was the hardest to rectify. Very severe because of the Lux, little bees, and Emax red bottoms together don't play nice. I tried all the suggestions and took trial & error soft mounting to work out. It's certainly not perfect but I did manage to get it to hover. Still working on pids, settings, etc. with hope it will actually fly nice! This was certainly my most frustrating build yet. Well...not true! My first Pixhawk build was without doubt.

Navigator

barometer, sonar and other option compatibility?

CleanFlight supports sonar, barometer etc... to help with altitude control.

The barometers I se being used tend to use I2C, and the Lux must have I2C support since it has a MPU6050 which uses I2C as well, but I don't see any pin for that.

The question really is:

does the Lux support barometer, sonar etc... and if so, which type and how to hook them up?

Thanks

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by BreckN View Post
    On the new build, everything checked out great on CleanFlight with the board plugged in. Receiver/motors, everything. Got everything set and went to maiden. Upon powering up, I could not get it to bind. Just bound fine while plugged in with the USB so what was going on? Kept checking and when I plug in with the USB no problems, when using the quads battery no bind. Started checking voltages because the LEDs on my X4r receiver seemed to be a bit dim when using the battery. Sure enough, only 4.2v on the RX vo. With the board plugged into the battery, ALL of the 5v outputs only put ot 4.2v. Plug into the USB and all of the 5v are 5v! My LUX board gets its power directly from the battery voltage (16.8v) and I checked those connections and on the LUX, 16.8 at the VI pin.
    @BreckN, I am so glad you posted this! I have been racking my brain trying to understand what I could have done or not done for that matter to make the board/RX work when I was connected via USB but not when I plugged in the flight battery. I have almost the exact same problem, verbatim. The difference is I am using a Spektrum Sat RX and have the 3V bridge on the back. When I am plugged into the USB (no RX) and test the RX pads, I get 3.2V on both the "5V" pad and the "RX". I set everything up, my transmitter is working in the configurator then I go to plug in the flight battery. If the RX is plugged in the board spaces out and the BLUE LED on the board blinks rapidly, while I have seen the YELLOW LED on the board also faintly blink it didn't do it every time. Meanwhile the RX ORANGE LED is also faintly flashing at an irregular frequency. If I disconnect the flight battery and the RX then reconnect the flight battery without the RX attached the board seems to work ok. I get a solid BLUE LED on the board and eventually the YELLOW and RED LED flash one after the other. If I had to pick a sequence it would be: YELLOW then RED, YELLOW then RED etc. When I check the RX pads again with the RX not connected and the flight battery plugged in there is 3.2V on the "5V" pin and no voltage (more like a really low fluctuating mV reading on the Multi Meter). I bought my LUX FC Oct 11th from FPV-Direct and when I first plugged it in I noticed it had an out of date target (flight software). I have a feeling you are on to something @BreckN. There might have been a bad batch and I think I got one of them like you did.

All in all I wanted to let you, and anyone else out there, know you weren't the only one with the issue and I will be contacting FPV-Direct and Lumenier to hopefully get it replaced with a newer properly working one.

LUMENIER...I would hope you have an eye out here on these forums and catch on to this issue!

Update: 28 OCT 16

I attempted to contact Lumenier about the issue and they have yet to respond in any form. Not impressed with the product support on their end. I know they usually have really good product so I have always thought pretty highly of them but I have also never had to contact them for customer service or technical support so this isn't a good first experience.

FPV Direct on the other hand was excellent!! I contacted them and explained what I was dealing with and they quickly issued a RMA. I noticed they had a new order ($0 balance) for another Lux ready and waiting but there was no movement. I reached out to them again about the status of that order and they were very quick to respond. Unfortunately the Lux is on a backorder (no one has any more out there) and said it was at last going to be 4 weeks. They offered to let me sit it out or receive a refund so I took the refund.

I wonder what's happening behind the scenes at Lumenier making the Lux be off the shelf for so long. Not mention so busy they can't respond to customer inquiries.
    Last edited by kpodlewski; 28th October 2016 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Update to post status

Quote Originally Posted by kpodlewski View Post
    @BreckN, I am so glad you posted this! I have been racking my brain trying to understand what I could have done or not done for that matter to make the board/RX work when I was connected via USB but not when I plugged in the flight battery. I have almost the exact same problem, verbatim. The difference is I am using a Spektrum Sat RX and have the 3V bridge on the back. When I am plugged into the USB (no RX) and test the RX pads, I get 3.2V on both the "5V" pad and the "RX". I set everything up, my transmitter is working in the configurator then I go to plug in the flight battery. If the RX is plugged in the board spaces out and the BLUE LED on the board blinks rapidly, while I have seen the YELLOW LED on the board also faintly blink it didn't do it every time. Meanwhile the RX ORANGE LED is also faintly flashing at an irregular frequency. If I disconnect the flight battery and the RX then reconnect the flight battery without the RX attached the board seems to work ok. I get a solid BLUE LED on the board and eventually the YELLOW and RED LED flash one after the other. If I had to pick a sequence it would be: YELLOW then RED, YELLOW then RED etc. When I check the RX pads again with the RX not connected and the flight battery plugged in there is 3.2V on the "5V" pin and no voltage (more like a really low fluctuating mV reading on the Multi Meter). I bought my LUX FC Oct 11th from FPV-Direct and when I first plugged it in I noticed it had an out of date target (flight software). I have a feeling you are on to something @BreckN. There might have been a bad batch and I think I got one of them like you did.

All in all I wanted to let you, and anyone else out there, know you weren't the only one with the issue and I will be contacting FPV-Direct and Lumenier to hopefully get it replaced with a newer properly working one.

LUMENIER...I would hope you have an eye out here on these forums and catch on to this issue!
    Though I'm using FrSky and not a Spektrum, I'm suffering from the same issues.... I should have taken the hint when getFPV was the only online merchant who had any while everyone else was Out Of Stock. Shame too, because I was looking forward to getting to know that board. I'd give another board a go, but I wouldn't invest more into it at this point seeing as how the first one was a 40+ dollar paper weight. Perhaps I might be able to figure out a way to give the power through the USB....

I love the Lux for it's very clean way of cabeling, and the flight performance with Betaflight is really great. But today it just pissed me off:
    I use one on my QAV-RXL with a Connex Prosight. Doing some tests on the Bench (not touching it, just testing the Connex RX!), suddenly the Crossfire Telemetry complained: Signal loss.
    My Crossfire Micro v2 Receiver just died! Checking with a Multimeter I realized, that the Lux 5V output pads are on Battery Voltage (12.2V)! The Copter just has two flights, and they where both without any problems. The 5V-Rail just powers the Crossfire Micro, nothing else.
    Thanks Lux, for suiciding plus killing my Crossfire Receiver
    ---> Let's make the Lab great again! <---

Caipi 2 / Strix Goblin / RVJet / Mini Race Wing / Mini Talon
    Copters from Whoop to XClass

Navigator
    Sorry to see people with problems with the Lux. I have them in an Alien 5" and Alien 6", and absolutely love them. The wiring is so clean, and (finally) with newer Clean/Beta-flight, ESC pass-thru works without any additional effect, so BLHeli updates and tuning are simple. I use Spektrum, so have no experience with weird line voltages on 5V receivers.

F3 boards are possibly on the way out, so perhaps the lack of stock reflects a newer F4 version on the horizon.