Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lumenier LUX Flight Controller - STM32F303 32-bit processor

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chatch View Post
    that's what i do, i place all my pre-orders separately through getfpv.com using Bill Me Later. usually things ship within 6 months.
    That's a nice thing to do if you don't have to pay 60 bucks shipping for each of your orders. My current order with lots of different stuff in it is processing since December 20 just because of the Lux boards in that order. And if the Lux boards become available, there is a good chance that some other item in that order is currently not available (although it was when I placed the order) and I again have to wait because your "highly automated shipping system" obviously does not handle item reservations correctly.

Sorry for getting OT but this happened multiple times to me and is just frustrating.

BTW, I never saw a "Bill Me Later" option?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Ok, fair enough, can I also enquire (well I am going to anyway ) how are the esc signal wires connected to the lux? It may be my eyes or your photography but there is something between the pololu bay and the screw mount block at the far side
    I was wondering the same.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by raumagent View Post
    That's a nice thing to do if you don't have to pay 60 bucks shipping for each of your orders. My current order with lots of different stuff in it is processing since December 20 just because of the Lux boards in that order. And if the Lux boards become available, there is a good chance that some other item in that order is currently not available (although it was when I placed the order) and I again have to wait because your "highly automated shipping system" obviously does not handle item reservations correctly.

Sorry for getting OT but this happened multiple times to me and is just frustrating.

BTW, I never saw a "Bill Me Later" option?

I was wondering the same.
    When you place an order with GetFPV and one item is backordered, but all other items are in stock, then the currently in-stock items will be reserved for your order. So, once your Lux comes in, your order should ship out. If that has not worked for you in the past, that was definitely an error and not how the system is designed or normally works.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by timnilson View Post
    When you place an order with GetFPV and one item is backordered, but all other items are in stock, then the currently in-stock items will be reserved for your order. So, once your Lux comes in, your order should ship out. If that has not worked for you in the past, that was definitely an error and not how the system is designed or normally works.
    This happened every single time when my order was processing for several weeks, Tim. My guess is that your system indeed reserves the items but your staff send them out with other orders anyway.

Since batch two of the Lux is delayed until the end of February now, I canceled all items in that order except the Lux boards itself.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by raumagent View Post
    This happened every single time when my order was processing for several weeks, Tim. My guess is that your system indeed reserves the items but your staff send them out with other orders anyway.

Since batch two of the Lux is delayed until the end of February now, I canceled all items in that order except the Lux boards itself.
    End of February for Batch 2.... Seriously? I love how the GetFPV website still says "early January."

Alright boys, whats a decent FC I can get in the meantime...

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by str View Post
    End of February for Batch 2.... Seriously? I love how the GetFPV website still says "early January."

Alright boys, whats a decent FC I can get in the meantime...
    cheap and solid: naze32 acro. Only has an F1 processor but performance can do even the latest releases of betaflight and race flight, used by pilots like Charpu. As long as you are not doing GPS and don't need more than 2 (physical) UARTs
    Last edited by Cheredanine; 16th January 2016 at 12:00 PM.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by str View Post
    http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=232

Forum Member

schematics

While waiting for them to arrive, her are my planed schematics.>
    >
    Is there anything I missed from the manual?>

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LUX Draft.png 
Views:	1028 
Size:	249.7 KB 
ID:	69559

Name:	img_5401.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	61.3 KB 
ID:	69558

Cheers

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed68 View Post
    While waiting for them to arrive, her are my planed schematics.>
    >
    Is there anything I missed from the manual?>

Name:	LUX Draft.png 
Views:	1028 
Size:	249.7 KB 
ID:	69559

Name:	img_5401.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	61.3 KB 
ID:	69558

Cheers

frame, motors and ESCs?

the osd may have problems, best to have its ground in line between the camera and vtx, seen a lot of problems when that has been the answer.
    also your signal wire to the OSD seems to be a single wire, it may just be the resolution but you need signal in from the camera and signal out to the vtx
    dont know how noisy your LEDs are, or will be when the FC starts telling them to turn off or on or indeed what the regulator ampage limit is in the vtx (designed to power a camera) but depending on how many LEDs you connect it may not be able to cope, be tempted to run them from a different 5v supply

but that is all just me.

Last edited by Cheredanine; 17th January 2016 at 07:30 PM.

Forum Member
    Thanks Cheredanine

The idea was from an unused loom I got with a Minim OSD. I’lladd the ground wires.
    When I get time I’ll test the amp’s needed for the LED’s.

Cheers>
    Last edited by Speed68; 17th January 2016 at 08:13 PM.

Forum Member
    No problems, painless360 has a nice couple of vids for the minim, the first one is for a minim and the second is sort of an update for the micro minim, worth taking a look