www.immersionrc.com

Thread: Did I burn out my IMRC 600 5.8 VTX? Is it fixable?

Navigator

Did I burn out my IMRC 600 5.8 VTX? Is it fixable?

Hi, just wondering if anyone can help me. I lost control of my quad a few months back and had to land with limited video to avoid doing any damage to fellow campers - It took a while (about an hour) to find the quad again as I didn't have the exact location of where it went down (luckily I managed to land it near a path, just wasnt sure which path hence why it took me so long to find it)

Anyways, the battery had completely drained but other than that there was no damage to the quad (from the recovered go-pro footage I managed too land it fairly softly too) However when I tried a new battery I couldn't receive any video - I bought a new camera thinking it may be the problem but still no luck. I bought a new IMRC 600 VTX last week and that one works fine. So I can conclude it is the VTX which is causing the issue.

Now the LEDs still power up on the VTX and everything looks fine (no smells etc) but something is clearly wrong with it, is it normal for the VTX to burn out if the battery is left to drain? Or could there be another issue with it? Any chance of being me able to fix the unit?

Many thanks,

//Holo

Anything is fixable just depends on if its worth it or not

Does the tx make any signal at all? when you have the rx within a couple of inches to the tx is there a pic?

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by RonSII View Post
    Does the tx make any signal at all? when you have the rx within a couple of inches to the tx is there a pic?
    nope, hence why I thought it may have been the camera that went initially - I don't have access to a working spectral analyzer at the moment either so I can't test it with that either