Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drone Registry Task Force to Report on Saturday

Forum Member

Drone Registry Task Force to Report on Saturday

I just found this article: http://bznews.bz/bz/article/100100100101497666

We have to wait one more day.
    Meanwhile I also read that every drone of more than 250g needs to be registered.

Forum Member
    Stupid thing is that the 1 Million units they say that will be sold for christmas will be the little $50 -> $100 Pieces Of S.
    When the Governments can't Control or Regulate it ALWAYS becomes illegal.
    400' Alt rule does not apply. I did FPV long before it was called FPV.
    I find the closer to the ground I get my chances of crashing increases .
    Wisdom comes from knowledge. Knowledge comes from experience. Experience comes from failures.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa Echo View Post
    We have to wait one more day.Meanwhile I also read that every drone of more than 250g needs to be registered.
    One more day? The task force wasn't going to provide their findings to the FAA until later today, so releasing Saturday is actually a rather quick turnaround.

Man doesn't Huerta look beat.

Wayne

Registration process marks significant milestone in FAA's safe integration of small UAS

Posted by Michael Huerta

Last month, Secretary Foxx and I announced that the Department of Transportation would work to develop a process for owners of small Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) to register their aircraft.Registration will instill a sense of accountability and responsibility among UAS pilots, and also will prompt them to become educated about safe flying in the National Airspace System (NAS). For those who choose to ignore the rules and fly unsafely, registration is a tool that will assist us and our law enforcement partners in finding them.

We are moving quickly and flexibly to establish this new registry. Our first step was to appoint a UAS Task Force to develop recommendations for a streamlined registration process, and suggest which UAS could be exempt from registration due to a low safety risk. A group of 25 experts were chosen, based on experience, from across the UAS and manned aviation communities. They included hobbyists, retailers, manufacturers, law enforcement, airports and commercial and general aviation. They were advised by the Departments of Commerce, Defense, Homeland Security, Interior, and State along with the Office of Management and Budget and the National Aeronautics and Space Administration. We also accepted public comments on the same questions we asked the Task Force to consider.

On Saturday, the Task Force will deliver its report to the Federal Aviation Administration. We will consider their recommendations and the public comments as we develop an Interim Final Rule on registration, which will likely be released next month and go into effect shortly thereafter. This step will be followed by another opportunity for the public to comment as we move toward issuing a final rule on registration.

The FAA's evolving work to integrate small unmanned aircraft into the NAS is the beginning of a new era for aviation, and we all have a stake in making sure UAS are operating safely in the world’s busiest airspace. The FAA receives reports on a daily basis about instances in which small unmanned aircraft fly too close to manned aircraft, often near airports and sometimes at altitudes of up to 10,000 feet -- much higher than they should be. This is an unnecessary threat to safety that demands the attention of the entire aviation community.

By some estimates, as many as 700,000 new unmanned aircraft will be sold during the holiday season. Pilots with little or no aviation experience will be at the controls of many of these aircraft. Many of these new aviators may not even be aware that their activities in our airspace could be dangerous to other aircraft -- or that they are, in fact, pilots once they start flying their unmanned aircraft.
    From the moment pilots of traditional aircraft embark on their first solo flights, they are on a journey of lifelong learning in a culture that values safety above all else. We in the Department of Transportation believe this registration process is a positive step toward laying a similar lasting foundation among small unmanned aircraft pilots.
    Everybody loves a bunny.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa Echo View Post
    Meanwhile I also read that every drone of more than 250g needs to be registered.
    I aim to misbehave.
    I am a leaf on the wind; watch how I soar.

Quote Originally Posted by Channel 1 View Post
    One more day? The task force wasn't going to provide their findings to the FAA until later today, so releasing Saturday is actually a rather quick turnaround.

Man doesn't Huerta look beat.

He looks like a man completely and utterly out of his depth, the Peter principal in the flesh.

And not just because of this UAS business either.
    Locals Only Brah.

Forum Member
    This is the first delay in a lot of delays to come.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 33db View Post
    He looks like a man completely and utterly out of his depth, the Peter principal in the flesh.
    Are you talking about Foxx or Huerta?

To me Huerta (in the background) looks like he is beat and ready to pull a decent pension, his boss strikes me as a guy who calls up and yells out orders to "get it done" but doesn't want to hear what that requires.

And that is why many good people in government, who actually try to do a good job, are bailing right and left nowadays.

Wayne
    Everybody loves a bunny.

Quote Originally Posted by Channel 1 View Post
    Are you talking about Foxx or Huerta?

To me Huerta (in the background) looks like he is beat and ready to pull a decent pension, his boss strikes me as a guy who calls up and yells out orders to "get it done" but doesn't want to hear what that requires.

And that is why many good people in government, who actually try to do a good job, are bailing right and left nowadays.

Wayne
    I meant Foxx, he strikes me as someone more concerned about his cuff links than anything else.

I mean look at the guy whose election campaign he ran.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mel_Watt#Controversies
    Last edited by 33db; 20th November 2015 at 09:08 PM.
    Locals Only Brah.

Forum Member
    I just got my OPM notice that is overdue, from the gov website being hacked.

This one will likely not be far behind- expect your info to be public shortly after publication.
    "Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills"- Author unknown

KF7TRX

Forum Member
    Hey Mikey, it's 3:00 PM on Saturday, are you ever going to tweet out your freaking presser dude??

Time for #FAADOESNTCARE. ;-)

Wayne
    Everybody loves a bunny.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast