www.immersionrc.com

Thread: EzOSD Current Sensor Firmware and general OSD information accuracy

Forum Member

EzOSD Current Sensor Firmware and general OSD information accuracy

Hello,

I recently purchased and installed a EzOSD, 100 A Current Sensor and a 600mw ImmerisonRC VTX to my QAV400 Multirotor. I found that voltage information is not accurate and decided to re-calibrate the current sensor, but I was unable to download sensor calibration firmware using Update/Config tools v1.42.2 ( I get "no internet connection " message ).
    I also tried to download the file manually, but I could not locate it on ImmersionRC website.

Can someone please tell me the location of EzOSDSensorCalibrationFirmware.fw file ?

Also I noticed that the information displayed ( distance, altitude, direction ) is not accurate at all. Despite having a good satellite lock, ALT and Distance are wildly out. For example, today I had 4m ALT displayed but in reality it was more like 50m. I need to mention that I did set Home position. No tall buildings or hills nearby ( Australia is quite flat after all )

EzOSD is mounted on the arm to keep it away from the interference sources.
    Am I doing something wrong here ?
    I would hate tho think that after spending a fair bit of money on this setup that this is the best it can do.

Information that I really need is voltage and altitude, so far I got fail on both .

Any help would be appreciated.

Zed*

Forum Member

Exclamation

Download failed for me too. I had 2567mAh consumed in Flight Summary and LiPo-Charger said 2900mAh charged, so I wanted to recalibrate my EZ-OSD.

Any one a link to the calibration firmware download? Or can send the firmware by mail?

Forum Member
    I had one for a year and never could get it rite and never received any help or even answers to emails. what a waste of $300. it has been sittin on my coffee table for the whole summer collecting weed resin from the smoke in the air. all it was ever good for. was the last immersion product to ever enter this house since. I went crossfire uhf due to the support from TBS is second to none and saved almost $100 bucks doin so
    flyin HIGH

Forum Member
    @doobie: I am very happy with the EZ OSD and all other products from Immersion RC I am using (Video TX, Duo RX), the only thing is the missing calibration firmware. I bought a used EZ OSD and wanted to calibrate the sensors values. What was the problem with yours?

Forum Member
    it was pretty damn accurate actually except the voltage. I liked the plug and play aspect of it. but it kept cutting out and when it would come back on it was reading all kinds of weird shit like 999 meters high and it was 10ft in front of me at about 3ft off the ground. if I stopped in a hover the arrow pointing home was usually pointing the other direction. anyway, when I inquired what may be goin on all I got was "sounds like something's heating up" gee, what support. was using a naza lite and wanted an osd that would work with it as the osdmini didn't with the lite. I gave up on it due to the total lack of support, flashed the lite with the v2 firmware bought the PMU and threw the mini on. happy ever since
    flyin HIGH

Forum Member

Answer from Immersion RC Support

@Zed* Immersion RC support answered and gave me a link to download the calibration firmware:

http://www.immersionrc.com/downloads...ionFirmware.fw

Save file as: EzOSDSensorCalibrationFirmware.fw

Forum Member
    Has anybody tried upgrading the compass with a Ublox m8n ?

Forum Member
    The Team Blacksheep EZ OSD Edition has an other GPS as fare as I know, but I don't know which one. You should open a new thread instead posting this as an answer here.

Forum Member
    Yeah I already have the LS 20031 module installed ,I wanted to know if the ublox m8 would be better

Forum Member
    So no answers since 2015? I just purchased this unit because my Skylark TinyOSD didn't read over 3S batteries. I guess I should've visited this thread first. Paying top dollar for a product a company doesn't support is a waste of money.